ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dreaded Missfire

106 GTI
Driving the other day and car started to missfire (1/2 tank of petrol).

Went out to try it the day after and it drove fine for about 50m.
Ordered Leads from PerformanceLeads and NGK PFR6E-10 plugs, fitted these just now and still no cure.
The engine management light is flashing but is always on due to a decat.

Ive seen people post about Coilpacks, Injectors and 02 sensor so any ideas what I should try next?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Take each plug out and see what's occurring.... Be careful with cyl3 (no.4 is the gearbox end, as it's French) as that's notorious. I think they made it out of cheese. Had to heli-coil mine. (Stressful much ?! :dead:)

182 FF
Coil pack helped the miss on idle but not under load, turned out to be the leads but i read a lot about the map and lambda sensors too

106 GTI
Quite a treck from combe :(, about 70 mile away into south wales.

Thanks for the offer though :)

106 GTI
cheers Gupspeed I got a coilpack on order so il see how that turns out and let you know

Clio 172
I had the same missfire as you and have just found out it was a faulty injector so have ordered up a new one.

I just whipped off the injector connectors as it was running to see which one made no difference to the running of the car, I then swapped the faulty one over with a good one to check the wiring and to confirm the dead injector.

£59+vat each from renault though!!

106 GTI
Gogsie you sir are correct! Had it plugged in and came back with a fault for number 2 injector