ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dreamweaver people!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Me again (sorry!) :eek:

Im trying to reposition my text:

screenshotdw.png

I want that box that i have wrote some text in to fill only HALF of the page ( so i can put some images to the right and above).

I have searched for tutorials but still nothing. What do i do!?
Luke :) (Thanks)

Ian

Focus TDCi
Edit: read it wrong. Can't really help without seeing the code, sorry bud!

Last edited:
Q

Quagmire

Are you building that in tables? Roffle.

You need to define the width of the main outer table and then work off of that. Suggest seting an outer table to 950px or something (for a 1024 screen) and the making the table with the text in half that.

Just highlight the table and change it in the properties window (which you should have turned on)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
^^ Its not a table its a <div>! Should i use a table then?

Also bear in mind im just f**king about with this/learning myself so apologies if what i say has no logic behind it.

Why not set the box width to 50% rather than 123px?

e.g. width:50% instead of width:880px

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
HTML:
<div>
  <p class="style1 style2">This webpage has been created in the hope that I can share some of my developing amateur photography through the world and also track the development in my skills.</p>
  <p class="style1">Its also a mini project of mine, with having never created a website or taken a decent picture in my life i thought this would be a good learning curve and also give me something to do during my spare time. </p>
  <p class="style1">All the images on this site were taken by me, unless stated otherwise. I don&rsquo;t not mind other people using my images as long as they ask permission and cite them appropriately.</p>
  <p class="style1">Now... When I figure out how to add a comment box to my images I would appreciate it if you left me comments and criticism to help me improve my skills.</p>
  <p class="style1">If anyone wishes to contact me for any reason, please use the &ldquo;contact me&rdquo; page.</p>
  <p class="style1">Thank you, </p>
  <p class="style1">Luke :) </p>
</div>
</body>
</html>

This is the code... I dont thnk i should be using <div> should i?

How hard is it to resize a text box ffs

Ian

Focus TDCi
Should just be able to define the width of the div as CJ says Luke. I don't see a problem using a div, it's what I would use.

Change that code to:
Code:
[COLOR=#000080]<div id="header">[/COLOR]
  [COLOR=#000080]<p class=[COLOR=#0000ff]"style1 style2"[/COLOR]>[/COLOR]This webpage has been created in the hope that I can share some of my developing amateur photography through the world and also track the development in my skills.[COLOR=#000080]</p>[/COLOR]
  [COLOR=#000080]<p class=[COLOR=#0000ff]"style1"[/COLOR]>[/COLOR]Its also a mini project of mine, with having never created a website or taken a decent picture in my life i thought this would be a good learning curve and also give me something to do during my spare time. [COLOR=#000080]</p>[/COLOR]
  [COLOR=#000080]<p class=[COLOR=#0000ff]"style1"[/COLOR]>[/COLOR]All the images on this site were taken by me, unless stated otherwise. I don[B][I]&rsquo;[/I][/B]t not mind other people using my images as long as they ask permission and cite them appropriately.[COLOR=#000080]</p>[/COLOR]
  [COLOR=#000080]<p class=[COLOR=#0000ff]"style1"[/COLOR]>[/COLOR]Now... When I figure out how to add a comment box to my images I would appreciate it if you left me comments and criticism to help me improve my skills.[COLOR=#000080]</p>[/COLOR]
  [COLOR=#000080]<p class=[COLOR=#0000ff]"style1"[/COLOR]>[/COLOR]If anyone wishes to contact me for any reason, please use the [B][I]&ldquo;[/I][/B]contact me[B][I]&rdquo;[/I][/B] page.[COLOR=#000080]</p>[/COLOR]
  [COLOR=#000080]<p class=[COLOR=#0000ff]"style1"[/COLOR]>[/COLOR]Thank you, [COLOR=#000080]</p>[/COLOR]
  [COLOR=#000080]<p class=[COLOR=#0000ff]"style1"[/COLOR]>[/COLOR]Luke :) [COLOR=#000080]</p>[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000080]</div>[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000080]</body>[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000080]</html>[/COLOR]
(Only line 1 has changed)

Change 'header' to what ever you want to call the table, but make sure you change it on both pages.

Have you got a .css sheet? something like style.css.

Open it, and add this line:

Code:
#header {height:100px; width:50%;}
You could add more options like background colour / border width etc = background: url(images/image.jpg); margin:0 1px 1px 1px;

That should work, please check and let me know :)

P.s, using DIV tags is the best way, so you've made a good start using them instead of tables :)

Last edited:

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Right... im not 100% on what i have done. I selected the text, clicked on <body> in the CSS styles page and entered a box.

http://lukebroad.com/Welcome.html

And it worked!

My only problem now is that it has moved my navigation bar from the center to the left and i can't work out how to put it back :( I also want to my my text down a bit so i can put some images above it.