ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drinking Petrol

Is it just my motor or has anyone elses mpg dropped since the weather turned cold, Im getting about 60-70 miles less from a tank full of Optimax. Not good when you travel 100 miles a day to work, Im worried I might have to start biking there:(

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Smith172 on 28 October 2003

Is it just my motor or has anyone elses mpg dropped since the weather turned cold, Im getting about 60-70 miles less from a tank full of Optimax. Not good when you travel 100 miles a day to work, Im worried I might have to start biking there
God yes!!!

I thought it was just me and I was worried thinking there was summat wrong with the car.

In fact, Ive removed my Pipercross Viper now to see if it made a difference...

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

My trip computer aint showing it to be much different, but the needle seems to be dropping faster than it did... :confused:

Its not as bad as Smith172s but there is a difference!

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport

my new 1.2;s mgg has gone down too... from 50mpg to about 44... have to keep an eye on it...

well ive done 1800miles in the last 2weeks and i havent noticed getting worse MPG AND i fitted a pipercross IK a few weeks back.

Only problem is the petrol tank is so damn small. I have 2 fill up every other mornin!!