ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drive Shaft / CV Joint

172 Exclusive... For Sale
Is it true that you can't change the CV joint on a RS Clio but have to change the entire drive shaft? :/

RIP MK2 PH1/1.4 16v Polo
sorry for the hi-jack mate but i was wondering if i would need to change the drive shaft on mine if i wanted to change my CV joint also. (my cars a MK2 PH1 1.2 Clio)

172 Exclusive... For Sale
No probs Yas. I don't get it, I mean a CV boot kit is available, surely changing that would be sufficient rather than the whole driveshaft.

Q-DRIVEn/a656745011CV BOOT KIT 90MM DIA
OUTER Manual Trans
Available.gif
£8.90

polo, here for lols
sorry for the hi-jack mate but i was wondering if i would need to change the drive shaft on mine if i wanted to change my CV joint also. (my cars a MK2 PH1 1.2 Clio)

i got just the cv joint replaced on my ph1 1.2 iirc, problem was with the driveshaft though so in the end had to replace that because that was also damaged.
afraid im not sure about the rs version

RIP MK2 PH1/1.4 16v Polo
i got just the cv joint replaced on my ph1 1.2 iirc, problem was with the driveshaft though so in the end had to replace that because that was also damaged.
afraid im not sure about the rs version
how much did it cost for a drive shaft? i asked a tutor at college and he was pulling the drive shaft when it was on the ramp and there was abit of move ment in it but when i have the car on full lock the car sort of bounces and doesnt turn smoothly and sometimes you can hear a grinding type of noise when you turn towards the right