ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driver door not opening

Hi,

Woke up this morning and tryed to unlock my car with the central locking.

All doors undo except for the drivers. Tryed opening it with the key. The key feels like it turns the lock, but then when you try the handle again still doesnt open. the handle doesnt get stuck or anything. It moves like it has always done.
You can also open it from the inside, but just not from the outside!

Any ideas?

Thankyou.

CLIO Iceberg 172
it could be two things,

the actuator in the door could have stopped working i.e not unlocking when the rest are, or the connecting rod that runs from the actuator to the lock could have come loose.

seeing as electrics are more likely to be the first point of call i would get the door card off and have a look at the actuator, try locking it with your self in the car and see if you can see it move etc, if it dont then get ya self to the scrappy or the stealers and get ya self a new one, besides that i wouldn't guess if it was anything eles

clio 182 black /gold
This happened to me. I striped the door down and the connection was rusty and wet. The hardest part was removing the door car.