ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driver Door Won't Lock

1.6 Ford Focus
I just went out to find out that my drivers door was unlocked while the rest of the car was locked... I seam to have a new problem that when I use the remote key to lock and unlock the car, everything works as normal apart from the driver side door refuses to lock...

If I use the key itself then it does lock but when I use the button on the key it does not lock. I have checked all the electric windows and they are all fine and I tried using the central locking button inside the car and that don't work either.

When I press the key button I can hear all the bolts locking on all the doors apart from the drivers door.

Is there a separate fuse for this, or a cable come loose or something?

1.6 Ford Focus
Seams unlikely but I used some back to black style cleaner on the door handles earlier today and the central locking was working before that.

U washed the car, and since then its been playing up? Check you havnt got water in the wiring connection for the door, its near the door hinges.

Its unlikely but you never know.

1.6 Ford Focus
U washed the car, and since then its been playing up? Check you havnt got water in the wiring connection for the door, its near the door hinges.

Its unlikely but you never know.

I washed the car last week and used the back to black this weekend so no water was used on the car at all while I was using back to black... It seams unlikely that the locking mechanism goes through the door handle and that the back to black cream has goten into it through the door handle but its a really big coincidence that it was working before I used it.

I just had a play about with the tubing containing the wiring by the door hinge and it all appears to be ok so I am going to raid the shed later for WD40 and hope for the best.

Skoda Fabia vRS
you need to take the door card off and have a look, a clip might have broke or the lock mechanism might have just given up

1.6 Ford Focus
Ok fixed it now... I hopefully wont have to do that ever again, its one nasty job. As you said the entire door card had to come off which ment taking the speaker out and the interior handle off to get the card out.

Turns out it just needed cleaning up :)

Renault Clio Sport
Hi al old post i know but i have the same problem however iv put a electrical tester on the cables running to my drivers door and theres no power at all going to the door lock ? The fuse was blown which stopped the whole car from being unlocked n locked sonce changing the fuse my drivers side doesnt lock or unlock and seems to have no power at all going to the cables, iv tested manually the locking mechanism and tht works fine.

Any help would be great thanks