ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drivers inner CV boot split..

RS 172
Hi guys,
Just found out that my inner cv boot has split (drivers side). I think this might have been split for a while. There is still grease in there but not much, can the gear box oil come out from there? or does this only happen when you pull out the drive shaft?

Cheer for the help.

G.

340i
You wont loose gear box oil like that!

BTW you can replace the seal, but that is a pig of a job, you have to take the shaft apart!

most people say "you cant", there isn't a replacement part" as they will just replace the whole shaft as this will normally work out cheaper for you/less hassle.

ITB'd MK1
there's no part available specifically for the inner boot on a ph2 172 (shaft different to a ph1) you could probably rig up something with a universal boot, but there's no lip to retain it.

RS 172
ok thanks guys,

I have spoken to Rentech and they are going to change it when they do the cambelt. They charge £50, which i think is fair..

Blk/Gold 182 FF
My boot as gone, sounds the same as your's mate, quite common i heard for them to go, got my cam and aux belt to be changed this week, new break's, filter and plug's, ready for the summer time lol

RS 172
ok thanks guys,

I have spoken to Rentech and they are going to change it when they do the cambelt. They charge £50, which i think is fair..

Change this...

You can't just do the "inner" CV boot. you need a whole new drivers driver shaft. So for now i am leaving it... Will get it done soon though.