ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driveshaft Woes

Ph2 172 Iceberg
Ok here goes.

Recently had my 172 Ph2 non-cup checked over by Mark Fish Motorsport. The car had a few minor issues that I can sort out but on inspection it was found that my driver-side driveshaft CV boot is split and leaking grease everywhere.
I have a MOT coming up and the split CV boot will definitely cause it to fail, plus it's only a matter of time before the driveshaft knackers itself as it's losing grease.

Done some reading here on CS, and it seems that a genuine Renault replacement driveshaft is the best solution (£££ + plus this eats into my cambelt + aux belt + dephaser funds :().

I called up Renault this morning with the part number for the correct driveshaft for my car - 8200257767 (Thanks Fred@BTM), I was told that they do not stock this part at all!

So what are my options?

- Get the driveshaft reconditioned? If so where?
- Use a CV boot kit and replace the split one?
- Gamble on a second-hand driveshaft?

Throw some ideas and advice at me.