ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driving Ban

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

NOt sure if anyone readr my post a month or so ago. Got causght doing an average speed of 105 on the M3. Still i know but has anyone recently or know or anyone that has been caught doing this speed? Just want to know the procedure the police usually take? Dont want to ring them and ask them just incase they try and move it along faster...

Basicly i the copper said i will recieve a letter informing me of my court date. ANyone know how long im gunna have to wait?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers tom-m

yep!

date comes through in about a month or so i think..

my bros got his court date for the exact same offence on the m4,

basically pray for points or kiss ur licence good bye, the base the fine on ur earnings etc

my bros date was last fri, but his got a sh*t hot solictior to get him off a ban so they got it postponed etc!!!

ker ching

Grant

182, GTR, C63

My m8 got caught at 103 on the M way and the boss wrote him a letter saying he may loose his job and that he doesnt do this regular and has a clean license anyway he got 6 points and £200 fine. So you need a very good ecuse to get off lightly

it was five weeks ago sunday, damn that gone quick, whats the deal with this do u have to wait upto 6months to recieve a letter sayign ur gogin to court this day or do they have t inform u that u will be prosecuted. everyone seems to have different views on it.

If i were you i would phone them up and find out. Regardless of whether they are going to ban you or not you may as well well know. Doubt they will be able to tell you though. Just look really really sorry in court and hope for the best. Ive been through this and because i pleaded guilty and showed A LOT of remorse i got a lenient prosecution....

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

or u cud do a tupac and swear at the judge and walk out of there as if uve got one leg longer than the other (with yor shoulders tilting left and right) lol

[Edited by S2 PTH on 18 May 2004 at 2:29pm]

but i aint sure how far that wud get u!

Mate I got exactly the same,theyre allowed 6months to get in touch,theyll usually wait about 5!
They wont let you off tho,youll have to go to court!
As i hadnt been driving for 2years i pleaded for a set term ban and no points which i got!6weeks and 0 points was very lucky tho,Find yourself a reason you were doing that speed and either tell them in court or get a damn good solicitor!

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

what did u say to the judge to get that. heres £500. How fast were u going. Yer im only 18 and benn driving for about 19 months. no points never been caught for any offence. driving or other wise. Not gunna deny i was speeding as they got me on video but will just say im not usually a fast driver whcih im not;). Just see hoe it goes. Shame coz about 3 weeks before i ordered my customer dials. So hoping i dont loose it and have to sell the car. Looks like another 4months a 3 weeks to go then.

S2: Might have to knock that one on the head. But i could work

Cheers ppl

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

Quote: Originally posted by Rich Clio16v on 18 May 2004

Mate I got exactly the same,theyre allowed 6months to get in touch,theyll usually wait about 5!
They wont let you off tho,youll have to go to court!
As i hadnt been driving for 2years i pleaded for a set term ban and no points which i got!6weeks and 0 points was very lucky tho,Find yourself a reason you were doing that speed and either tell them in court or get a damn good solicitor!
does that actually work?

im a bit worrid coz i was doin !26 odd the otherday on the motorway trying to catch up with the convoy cruise (as i was a little late) and i didnt really look for cameras on bridges. but surely, the police wudda packed their cameras up and chased after me if they saw me doin that speed?

As said they have 6months to begin procedings against ya, they only have 14 days tho to inform you if you have caught speeding by a speed camera! After that your home free ;)

The usual excuse that you "have" to drive to be able to work does generally lower the punishment dished out but make sure you have a good excuse, even if its "it was a clear road, good conditons, and i know i was in the wrong"

I got a nice letter through the post 2day of DVLA asking for my licence... boooo! :(

Quote: Originally posted by S2 PTH on 18 May 2004

im a bit worrid coz i was doin !26 odd the otherday on the motorway trying to catch up with the convoy cruise (as i was a little late) and i didnt really look for cameras on bridges. but surely, the police wudda packed their cameras up and chased after me if they saw me doin that speed?
Why bother trying to catch you when they have all the evidence on camera, 1st you will know about it is when that little brown envelope drops thru your door. Just hope no cameras where out when you where going that speed mate :confused:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

79 + 8% tho on the motorway! So you can get away with 84-85Mph...Thats what a nice copper told me the other nite!

Quote: Originally posted by AJRMOTORSPORT on 18 May 2004

79 + 8% tho on the motorway! So you can get away with 84-85Mph...Thats what a nice copper told me the other nite!
There guidlines ie the rule they like to play to are 10% + 2~3mph so on the motoroway your ok at about 79.

They can book you for 71mph if they wanted ans your speedo isnt allowed to under read only to over real so if the speedo says 70 your doing (assuming the speddos correct and no change in wheel size) between 63 and 70mph.

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

Its so annoying coz a mate o fmine got pulled and they just gave him a talking to a said about an accident that happend and let him go with nothing then i get pulled and im looking at a ban and fine probably.

I had a bad run a few years ago, got 3 points then got nabbed at 104, whilst waiting to go to court for that got hit again - another 3 points! went to court for the 104 MPH offence with 6 points on my licence, managed to drive away with another 6 points (giving me 12 total), no ban and a smallish fine! Just be as remorseful as you have never been in your life, tell them what hardship you will endure if you lost your licence, engage a solicitor if you feel you need help (and can afford it!), there is always a chance!

P.S. having 12 points on my licence for 3 years certainly changed the way I drive!

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

yer gettin caught has changed the way i have driven already. Stupid really when i look back at it but i guess thats how u learn, from your own mistakes.

172 cup TT

got caught doing 118 - didnt hear anything for about 4 months.. then went to court.. paid 150 for a solicitor - got 56 day ban, no points, and 350 fine.... 2 months after ban finished got caught doing 101.. went to court, didnt bother with solicitor, stood in dock myself(did better job than damn solicitor), 250 pound fine, no points, 1 weeks ban!.. car was in for repair during that time too!.. thought i was going to loose license for 12 months but nope.. bit of a joke really .. i would hate me if i wasnt me

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Was the road wet when you were caught doing that speed? Was there a lot of traffic? The copper who was caught doing 105mph on M6 toll got 6 points because he said that conditions were good, and several others around him were doing the same....see what happens, and good luck

Yeah good luck, lets face it weve all done it, (apart from girlracer) and just had the luck not to be seen. Which is why i now tootle around like an old dear now..

-Rob

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

Completely clear rod. 3am in the morning. Slightly wet but not raining if i remember correct.

what did u all say when u stood up in from of the judge?