ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

droaning / humming noise

06 Clio 1.5DCi
hi all

well had the car 2 months and when first got it noticed a relatively loudish noise in the car - questioned it and garage said "normal sound of a small diesel" - having never had a diesel before i took his word - however my dad was in the back seat yesterday and said the noise only happens when i turn right - would this be a wheel bearing going? I should be used to the noise as it happened alot to my old car (2000 Corsa) - the car is under warranty and i did tell them bout the noise on my "4 week courtesy check" - and even before that, so its not like it has just started happening - will i be covered under my warranty or do you think i will have to pay out? They did say when i bought the car that if the gear box dropped out, which gi hope would never happen, then they will fix it for free so i would assume that the same would apply for the wheel bearing - as i know personally from previous experience they cost not much more than a tenner to buy!

Thanks in advance

Clio DCi and a 306 GTi-6
Sounds very much like wheel bearing,jack her up and feel if there's any play in the wheel.If its that noisy you will probably feel some play.
If the fault was there when you brought the car,as it obviously was your covered mate.. when i brought mine over the 1st month i had the sunroof sealed,both driveshafts replaced and the immobilser fob replaced all under warranty ..
Touch wood trouble free since...