ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drop-link

Clio Trophy / RB182
If anyone is a boff (like the parts guy today) the number is:

77 00 799 404...incase you need to see what i'm talking about.

But yeh..the drop link that comes off the anti-roll bar i think...?

Clio Trophy / RB182
Yeh its around there haha.

Basically I think the bush on it has perished..so when its expanding..its making an annoying noise. And as its only £6...thought I would change it...

unless the Trophy has a different rollbar arrangement to the rest of the RS2 range (?), there shouldn't be droplinks - you've got inner bushes and outer bushes, which are clamped to the bottom arms

the inner bushes are a bit of a pain as you need to be able to compress them to get the clamp back over; outer bushes are a bit easier, but still fiddly to get them right (i thought when i did mine anyway)

what do the bits you've got look like?:)

Clio Trophy / RB182
its like a long bolt...about 60mm...covered by a rubber tube..with 2 bushes at each end im guessing..with a bolt at one end...and star screw at other...one of the ends comes off aswell...

sounds like a droplink(ish)! the bushes are just lumps of rubber

not familiar with the Trophy, but if it has the same rollbar as the others, you've been given the wrong part/s

Clio Trophy / RB182
no pics as im at work.

I will try draw a picture on word...

I got the part number off a guy on the trophy forum..so should be the right thing.

If it is correct though, how do you go about fitting..simples?

Clio Trophy / RB182
Drew a perfect picture on word...but because of our strict computers at work..no way of me getting it up on here.

I hope it is simple...got me slightly worried now with the compression talk!

i'm still not getting it, as the arb bush components are just rubber bushes with clamps and nuts/bolts - sorry if it's me, but your description doesn't sound similar

maybe the Trophy does have a different bar after all?

Clio Trophy / RB182
That does sound similar..2 clamps at either end (rubber)...with a long bolt running through the middle protected by a rubber housing.

PowerflexARB9Small.gif

^those are the 172/182 outer bushes
2723_thumb.jpg

^that looks like the inner bush (not a Clio bush - just an example)

DSC00075.gif

picture from someone's for sale thread on here - guess you've got that part in the middle, but don't recognise it. sorry about this - not helping. someone who knows what they're talking about should be able to help:eek:

Clio Trophy / RB182
I just quoted the parts number to the guy at the desk and he called it that name.

Well atleast everyone knows what i am talking about now. So is it relatively simple to change?

from sideways danny, you've got the wrong part? sounds as though they're for the non RS cars. you need the bushes :)

they're a bit fiddly to change (as mentioned earlier) - just requires patience

Clio Trophy / RB182
from sideways danny, you've got the wrong part? sounds as though they're for the non RS cars. you need the bushes :)

they're a bit fiddly to change (as mentioned earlier) - just requires patience

Just so I can get this right when I go into renault....

What exactly am I asking for?

And this thing I have will definitly not fit on my car?

Are these the same bushes that KTEC have on their website? the powerflex ones i think...?

part number for the outers is 7700784171 (about £15/pair). can't find the number for the inner bushes

i'd be asking for rollbar bushes, but not sure what Renault call them. best thing is to ask them to call it up on their screen so that you can make sure they look like the bushes in the photos

the Renault bushes are rubber, Powerflex ones being poly - should be the only difference

to confirm you've got the wrong part there - have a quick look at the ends of your ARB

M

mini-valver

The drop link you have is from a NON RS model. The RS's have a completely different design.