ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 2 mk2 1.6 16v - Fusible link battery terminal

Renault Clio 2 1.6l
I am in the process to replace the fusible link on the positive battery terminal.

I have read about a few people replacing this but exact details were never given.

I want to see how other people have installed this.

I know the fusible link has to be replaced by a 120a mega fuse. But I am unsure about what cable to run from the alternator and the starter. The one thread suggested a 170a sq cable, but in my head that would suggest that you would have to run a larger fuse.

I am thinking of replacing it with 2 separate fuses. One that goes to the alternator and one to the starter. But I am not sure about what size fuses to install in that case.
Replacing it with two separate fuses could make troubleshooting in the future easier.

Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated, or even links to other people doing it where more details have been given