ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dropbox - Free online file-syncing software

E87 118d M Sport
Not sure if this will appeal to any of you, but its a fantastic bit of kit.

"Put your files into your Dropbox on one computer, and they'll be instantly available on any of your other computers that you've installed Dropbox on (Windows, Mac, and Linux. Also free to download on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch)"
I've been using it now for a while and tbh, couldn't live without it.

Here is a bit of info about it - https://www.dropbox.com/features and a video tour if you wanna learn more - https://www.dropbox.com/tour

You can share files by getting a link and sending that to friends, or share folders with other Dropbox users (say you had a document you and a friend were working on separately, you can each access it, and whenever one of you updates it the other will be notified).

The basic package is completely free (which gives you 2Gb of Storage) and there are larger packages that cost yearly.

I don't think this is breaking any rules on the forum as I am nothing to do with this company (just a very pleased user who thinks others could benefit) but they do offer a bonus of any referrals a user provides gets and extra 250Mb of storage. So the more you spread the word the more space you get (upto and extra 8gb, so you could have 10gb of space for free).

If this sounds like something you'd be interested, PM me your email address (and I'll send you an invite) and when you start using your account you will have the option to refer your friends/family.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yeah thats not cool, ive been using it for years and its ace but you cant post referal links.

E87 118d M Sport
Ah right okay. Am I allowed to say that people can PM me their email address and I'll send them an invite?

57 Clio Campus Sport
Haha did you really think you would get away with that? People who need to know about Dropbox already know about it and already know you get extra storage for referrals.

Just use your own link and make random accounts with other emails.

E87 118d M Sport
What? I wasnt trying to get away with anything? I read through the rules and couldnt see anything that said you couldnt refer anything, period.
I didnt know you couldnt refer people to a free piece of software either? Hence why I wrote what I did.
Thats a bit naive saying that everyone who needs to know about it already knows about it.

Yeah i left that in.

Thanks Tom. Sorry, didnt mean to cause any work for you.