ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

drying car

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member

who dries their car after washing it in the winter when all the salt and crap is on the raod?

my last few cars i have just washed them in the winter and left the water on them, as you drive a mile down the road and they are covered in crap again

i always dry mine after wahsing, it prevents streaking, i just use two good quality ones, dry with one then finish of with the other one, if you dont the water stains can be a b**ch to get out

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

If you want to be really lazy like me,wash your car then get the leaf blower out of the shed and go over your car with it...Takes all the water off and blows it out of the door and window bits.:)

To me there is nothing worse than waxing your car to a nice shine then water comes from somewhere and soaks your clean dry cloth just as your finishing

ian

Pug 306 GTi-6

Cool, i need me one of those, lol :D

I always dry my car with a chamois afterwards too, specially where i have a white car!!

BMW 120i Sport

I have a turtle wax silicon "blade" thing which works much the same way as a window squeedgy - you just drag it over the bodywork and it pushes the water off. I find that quickest and then take the remaining water off with a cloth.

G

if ive not got much time and the car is really dirty i will just wash it, but i will try and give it a good wash/wax asap hate to leave it wet :)

the blower looks very good! shame about the price :)

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by Liam182 on 01 November 2004

the blades can scratch though, i only use the blade for glass.
They shouldnt scratch if you keep them CLEAN and the car has been washed well!! Wipe the blade off with a clean cloth after every squeeze!

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Turtlewax wax it wet does a decent enough job if you dont have the time.Spray on and dry as normal.If you dry anyway its no bother to spray before you dry.Adds a bit of protection and a nice shine with no more effort.

Ford Fiesta

Quote: Originally posted by GirlRacer on 02 November 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Liam182 on 01 November 2004

the blades can scratch though, i only use the blade for glass.
They shouldnt scratch if you keep them CLEAN and the car has been washed well!! Wipe the blade off with a clean cloth after every squeeze!

I do keep it clean, it has scratched before. Not major marks but enough to see in certain lights. Thats why I no longer use it. I agree chamois can also scratch but they are more forgiving than the blade.

put polish in with your shampoo!!!

I read about someone on here who did this the other week. I washed my car at the weekend and didnt have my shampoo with me at my dads, but had my polish (zymol by the way) so i just put some polish in a bucket, about the same amount of shampoo you would use. Filled it with warm water and washed the car with that. Ran the blade over it and then chamois it and it looked like i just finished polishing it! couldnt believe it!

Plus cause you have polish in the water, it just beads on the car, so wipes off ten times easier!

don't

hmm not a bad idea, i may try this once and see what results i get

to dry my car i use my mequiars microfibre drying towel, wonderful thing

Quote: Originally posted by DAVE_RSi on 02 November 2004

hmm not a bad idea, i may try this once and see what results i get

to dry my car i use my mequiars microfibre drying towel, wonderful thing
After having used one, and a genuine chamois, id always go the genuine chamois leather anyday