ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drying towels?

Mito Sportiva 135
I have the top one and its fantastic - like a giant deep-pile mf towel. You can fold it into quarter and just dab on the roof and bonnet to soak up rather than wipe over the surface. It holds so much water its ridiculous. If you use a little QD and go over again to finish up it looks perfect if it has been recently waxed. Its a million times better than the waffle weave towels I was using before, well worth the money.

Which is a very good drying towel?
I hear alot about waffle weave towels,anybody use them?
I dont fancy paying alot for one ive seen some that are like £18
Ive been using the megs yellow ones,but fancy a change for something really thick
what about this one?
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/microfibre-cloths/miracle-dryer-ultra-plush-25-x-36-/prod_362.html

Just got a few of these last week mate, used them on the gfs black 106 gti on the weekend.

Very good in terms of being soft on the paint , but i found that it did not absorb as well as this http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-drying/huge-38-x-28-microfibre-drying-towel/prod_154.html which i use on my 172. Im not joking when i say its huge though, i think it could be used as a bath towel nearly.

Having said that though i will be using them on the 172 from now on too

titanic killer
Right thanks mate,will get one to try next time i order from Tim
Ive never QDed after drying?Why and what the benefits of doing this?
cheers

106 GTi
I have the second ones though they have not seen much use since I got the Aquagleam, the CG ones do look good though.

Mito Sportiva 135
The QD just helps add a bit of lubrication and makes sure there are no water marks left at all - its especially helpfull on darker cars and in the summer when water evaporates and can leave water marks.

titanic killer
Ah ok i see,ill remember that one i guess id not notice as much with having a silver car then

I spritz mine with megs last touch before drying it off fella, find it aids lubrication and tends to help with water marks etc.

Keeps it looking nice a fresh too

fiesta 1.25
Yeh was about to say it is mainly for dark coloured cars that get water marks etc as i never do this there is no point.This is what i thought anyway.

106 GTi
Main purpose of QD during drying is to provide lubrication to prevent marring.

On dark coloured cars you still need to QD after as well though.

a thirsty one
i use a shammy first and then a meguirs water magnet drying towel thingy was about £16 but does a good job.

106 GTi
i use a shammy first and then a meguirs water magnet drying towel thingy was about £16 but does a good job.

Using the Chamois first kind of defeats the point !

I have the second ones though they have not seen much use since I got the Aquagleam, the CG ones do look good though.

rich, which one have you got... going to ask Santa for one.

Which Aquagleam or drying towel ?

a thirsty one
i like to use the chammy for the bulk of the water and once most of water took off but not completely dry/streak free i then use the drying towel all down to personal pref really its just whats quick and works for me.

106 GTi
The idea of the Drying towels is to reduce the chance of scratching from a chamois.

I must admit I use the Ag Synthetic Chamois on the 306, and then get the streaky bits with normal MF'S while I QD.