ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DSLR help?

Clio 182
If I bought a beginners Dslr, for example a nikon d3300, would i need photoshop for my laptop to enhance photos or will the pictures be pretty good anyway?

It's a learning curve, all part of the fun. I was impressed with my first few pics quality wise but they're nothing compared to what I can do now, and I still think I'm s**t.
IMO photoshop isn't for beginners but after a few hours playing with it you get the hang of the basic functions.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
sometimes you get smaller software packages with the camera. They aren't as enhanced as photoshop but you can learn the basics.

I've got the d3100 and it's more than enough camera for me, I don't know the specs of the d3300 but if you can get a d3100 for a lot less then you won't be dissapointed, the 18-55 kit lens is brilliant.

Cayman S Edition 1
You can subscribe to Adobe Creative Cloud which gives you photoshop and Lightroom for just over £8 a month.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
Depending on budget and if you want a new camera

I always advise people to spend the same amount but buy used, so your getting more for your money

My other half is a professional photographer and nearly all her stuff she got second hand, got some amazing deals. Juts got to be careful nothings damaged obviously, used but from camera shops is best bet

What sort of photography are you planning or not sure ? The £8 a month subscription for light room and P'S is good but failing that just torrent photo shop, won't take too long to get the basics

Clio 182
I will have a look at the d3100 and will most likely just torrent photoshop as only going to do photography part time as hobby

MK3 GTI golf 16v
Yeah just torrent it bud

If your planning any particular photography just have a think before buying a second lense to save buying one you don't need. The 2 lense kits aren't always use full

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
I bought my Mrs a D3200 last Xmas for her first camera. It came with a lens and a carry case. I also bought her a larger lens and it has been great.
She likes to photograph wildlife, action shots and has done a few photo shoots for people at weddings and irs been more than capable on any occasion.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
this is my whippet running 30-35mph.
was one of her first action shots and looks great.
There are a lot of options on the D3200 for different types of photos which I found a bit confusing to start but once you get into it, its great. The 'auto' feature is good as well, seems to always pick the correct settings.
Hope this helps with your decision :)

Attachments

• FB_20140512_19_18_05_Saved_Picture.jpg
    FB_20140512_19_18_05_Saved_Picture.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 73

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I'd start reading up on basics of photography (plenty of stickies on here) before running to Photoshop to improve your images.
Best get them right in camera than to spend hours editing them. Also, go and have a look at the camera in a shop. You might find out you prefer the layout of a Canon. Consider second hand too.

Swift Sport
Have you considered a bridge camera?

I sold my DSLR and bought a Canon SX50 and I'm very happy with it.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
D3200 owner here and have recently started playing around with Lightroom (torrented) I'd say I'm happy with about 1/100 of my pictures lol but I just seem to constantly want to get better then lose enthusiasm/interest.