ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dual Screen Problem

Not a Clio
Posted this on OC but not got anywhere, hoping someone here knows.

I've used dual screens for a while now under Linux and XP. Both monitors have VGA connectors so I used to use DVI to VGA adapters. When my new graphics card arrived ( Palit 8800GT) it came with one DVI and one HDMI. I'm also using Vista now.

Using the DVI with a DVI to VGA works just fine but I'm having problems with my second monitor. I phoned OC and they told me to get a HDMI to DVI (there's a thread on here somewhere about that) so that arrived, plugged it in and used a DVI to VGA off the back of that. Vista or rather the NVIDIA control panel acknowledges the 2nd monitor but refuses to output to it. I've made sure the resolution is correct and frequency but the monitor remains in standby no matter what I do. I emailed Palit and they told me to check the output in NV Panel matched what the monitor needs - which is does.

I'm at a complete loss now as to where to go from here apart from giving up. Any ideas?