ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

USB-C - Software people??

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Dji drones, they come with a basic controller. You connect your phone and use that to display everything, your limited to a single screen.

If you want to let a client see what your doing on a separate screen you need to spend £900 on an upgraded controller. It has a built in screen and an hdmi out, it doesn't do anything the standard controller does. Not many people want to spend £900 to output to hdmi but so so many people want a second screen.

went can send a rover to mars and control it, there must be a way to split the usb c port so you can plug a phone in and then a larger tablet screen for others to view?

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
A cheap (ish) way of testing an idea would be a USB - C splitter.

The type you get when you want to run a dual screen on a computer/laptop. That could work but knowing DJI, they'll have thought of that and blocked it - especially if theyre charging £900 for an 'upgrade'.

Alternatively, a screenshare like @Donny_Dog suggested will be your best bet!

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
A cheap (ish) way of testing an idea would be a USB - C splitter.

The type you get when you want to run a dual screen on a computer/laptop. That could work but knowing DJI, they'll have thought of that and blocked it - especially if theyre charging £900 for an 'upgrade'.

Alternatively, a screenshare like @Donny_Dog suggested will be your best bet!
suppose i could try one, but take your point about dji.

screen sharing seems to use a lot of cpu power on a phone and are a bit laggy

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
I've never used it, but the Litchi app offers this function I think. I use Litchi with my Mini SE to get some more features (follow me mode etc) but I've not tried using the Litchi Vue app yet.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
I've never used it, but the Litchi app offers this function I think. I use Litchi with my Mini SE to get some more features (follow me mode etc) but I've not tried using the Litchi Vue app yet.
That app doesn't work with the mavic 3

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
USB is a host/device protocol, it's 1:1.

HDMI is source/sink so it's possible to split and forward stuff from one source to multiple sinks, there is EDID which flows back the other way but HDMI splitters generally either mirror or fake some kind of response to keep the other end happy.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
USB is a host/device protocol, it's 1:1.

HDMI is source/sink so it's possible to split and forward stuff from one source to multiple sinks, there is EDID which flows back the other way but HDMI splitters generally either mirror or fake some kind of response to keep the other end happy.
You offering to make something?

All the standard controller has is a USB c