ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dull paint. Help?

Astra coupe
So the paint on my 306 is super dull and in need of some care. Just wondering whats the best stuff to use on it?

thanks

106 GTi
Sounds in need of a good polish.

What Colour?

Working by hand you will get best results from something like Meguiars Scratch X, Autoglym Super Resin or Klasse All in One.

Mito Sportiva 135
I would just say a good old fashioned polish, but if like many old cars (especially red ones) the paint has become badly oxidised, I would say save your elbow grease and take it to a bodyshop for a mop session. MMM. Once you have got rid of the oxidisation you can then protect the paint so it doesn't happen again.

When you run your hand over the paint, is there a lot of friction? Try your bonnet or roof as these areas receive maximum UV rays which accelerate the paint deterioration. They normally go whiter than the rest of the car.

Astra coupe
bonnet and bumper are new paint (car was in a crash) It's mainly the wings that are dull. As has been said probs just need a good polish

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh just try a good polish then in that case. I just hate polishing oxidised cars. UH! Good luck...

106 GTi
Mits I use either the Eurow or Serious Performance Lambswools.

Application of products is mostly with the yellow foam hand pads, removal with Micropak/Sonus or Poorboys Microfibers.