ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dull s.s exhaust

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
Hello. have really let my s.s b.box pipes get all black and dull. (you can only tell its S.S at the very top of the pipes. the rest are full of carbon and black basicly. could anybody suggest any good products to get them all shunny again. ive tried cleanning them with a tooth brust etc but that doesnt work. (did say there were bad!) suggestions????

thanks ML

Mito Sportiva 135
Autosol or similar work well. Would maybe try AG Engine and Machine cleaner first, applying liberally and leaving to soak, just to loosen it up a little. You may have to use some slightly more abrassive than a toothbrush though - and with a larger surface area, otherwise you may be there for some time. Like all of it...

Milltek'd 182
sometimes if i have cars that are really bad, bit of t-cut on a rag and dip it in some mud/grit gets the black soot off very easily. although scratches the pipes v.slightly, i only usually do it when its really thick....

106 GTi
Just use some fine wire wool with the metal polish will soon bring it up better than new.

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
ok i'll give them all a try over the weekend. thanks. friend told me to use cilitBang limescale remover....not sure about that one!

thanks