ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dump valve = lack of power?

Before I begin I fully appreciate that most people on this site are using 172/182's or 197/200's which of course aren't turbo charged and the few that are, are probably running such high boost this may not affect them but bear with me

So I've fitted a forge dump valve to my 1.2 TCE and it sounds great, it did throw on a cat light which was cleared by a code, but I feel it's down on power? My turbo gauge shows 7psi and creeps slightly at 8psi which is more then what I thought these run at standard ? But it just feels that little bit slower, was thinking of putting the standard one back on to see if I noticed a difference or if it was just a placebo effect. I've had a read online and loads of people with different cars do say the same thing, after fitting a bov its down on power. All fixtures are cable tied down so no issues there. And the gauge reads 7-8 psi so it looks like there's no boost issues?

I've now got it on 50/50 for dump to atmosphere and recirculation. I also have an open Ramair air filter, which people say cone filters can leak boost because they can hear a " honking " noise? I just assumed that was the noise of the air filter doing its job, which I like.

Any help would be great!

Is it an adjustable bov? I had one in my mazda familia that would leak pressure when open to atmosphere unless it was screwed al the way down (recircing). Sounds cool spooling up but ended up down on boost pressure.

Is it an adjustable bov? I had one in my mazda familia that would leak pressure when open to atmosphere unless it was screwed al the way down (recircing). Sounds cool spooling up but ended up down on boost pressure.

Yes, it was in 100% dump but now 50/50