ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dvla....how long for new v5 after removing private plate

just called them for an update, 3 weeks gone and they allege it will take another 3 weeks...this after going to their glasgow branch, standing around for 2 hours, getting told to go back a week later....shite service

Is it £105 for retention?

Can you just pay £80 to swap it to another vehicle?

not sure mate, mine was £80 plus £25 to get private plate off, retained and old number back on car..just annoys me, plate was a present, didnt cost much at £250 so amazes me it costs so much

Anything that's available
£80 to transfer from one vehicle to another - currently taking about 14 working days

£105 to remove the plate from one vehicle and retain on a certificate for 12 months - takes about 3 working days

Hope this helps.

Took me a matter of minutes IIRC down at the Bournemouth office once I had all the right forms.

£80 to transfer from one vehicle to another - currently taking about 14 working days

£105 to remove the plate from one vehicle and retain on a certificate for 12 months - takes about 3 working days

Hope this helps.

andy, how come i am being told 6 - 8 weeks? went to glasgow, handed v5 docs over, told to come back week later with raffle ticket, pick up envelope, ask them is this my docs, told yes, ask do i need a new tax disc, told yes and to go get a form to stand in line, didnt have time so went to work and opened envelope and found a tax disc and no docs! that was 3 weeks ago and called cardiff and was told that they hadnt received my docs from glasgow