ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eagle F1s

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
Im about to order some tyres and im looking at eagle f1s and the michelins. Ill be using the tyres for track days too (cant afford any semi slicks so dont even go there) and was wondering how they compare on track? Ive had michelins before and the sidewall was nice and stiff, listening to stories ive heard the f1s aren't? Just looking for opinions really.

Also, are the tyre sizes on the 182 turinis the same as standard 182 wheels?

Cheers.

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
Just doing a bit of readind and i need this clearning up i think.

I have a 182 FF with the trophy turinis, do i need 195/45/r16 or 205/45/r16?

The wheels came without tyres so im not sure which to fit. :D

Cheers.

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
Decided im going for The paradas, found out there 205/45/r16 and the paradas seem to have a good review.

eagle F1's ftw

The mans right. I much prefer the Goodyear's over the Michelins... I've used them on track several times and they've been great!

You'll regret buying the Paradas, they'll last 5 minutes... as will your car if you take it out in the rain.

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
I dont drive silly in the rain anyway so that doesnt bother me. After reading a few threads seems the paradas come highly recommended, fred, gdi to name a couple. Names i can trust. The eagle f1s have always had good feedback though and they do seem the safest bet, ill have a think about it.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
I'm gonna buy a set of Eagle F1's also. From what I've heard they must produce some form of performance increase of the Exalto PE 2's.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
i used the toyo t1 rs... they were awesome in the dry but really bad in the wet. I never push in the wet also. They didnt last long as well quite soft.

I just switched to yoko s306 and thats a pretty gud tyre so far. still early days for me to justify a recommendation but its better than the toyos so far.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
I dont drive silly in the rain anyway so that doesnt bother me. After reading a few threads seems the paradas come highly recommended, fred, gdi to name a couple. Names i can trust. The eagle f1s have always had good feedback though and they do seem the safest bet, ill have a think about it.

best weather to hammer the cup imo.. lol:quiet:

Clio MkII 172 K reg
So, after all can anyone tell for sure that F1 GS3 made in germany too still ?
I heard that the production in Germany stopped and now only in china/malazia/thailand make them. Does it true or still now in 2008 good year make them in germany too ?

Lior

Clio MkII 172 K reg
Sorry to hear this. Now alreday I can't buy the old GS3 because nobody has them in Israel as new stock/old stock.:(

So what I should buy instead of them that will be the same perfomance stuff ?
Good year won't make new "era" F1 ?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'm getting some eagle f1's fitted tomorrow. Wonder what ones i'm having!

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
So its basically pot luck if you manage to get a set? Doesnt make sense for goodyear not to make a replacement set in 205/45/r16 though.

I think ill just head for the Paradas, no point in getting used to a set of f1s if my next set cant be the same tyre.

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
I can get a set of eagle F1 GS-D3 through work for £54 per tyre. :D

There W rating though, whats this mean? As i know that V allows speeds of up to 149mph. Is this a problem? I dont know much when it comes to tyres. :D