ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Earphones (recommendations please)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
looking at getting my dad some earphones for crimbo, i want ones that sit over your ears, sensible pricing, can anyone recommend anything....

2.2 bar shed.
But i'd get Dre Beats.

They're shat. Same for anything from Skull Candy. Sennheiser HD380's are great for their price. Not too expensive and should last. Personally tho I wouldn't give up my HDJ2000's for the world even if they are a bit rubbish at bass reproduction.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
lol...i have massively errored in putting sensible pricing as that can be read differently dependent on how important it is too you.... i have also heard good things about the Sennheiser's for the price, however i still think this could be a little steep....
am i wanting to much for a set of headphones at £40 max????

scrouge

2.2 bar shed.
lol...i have massively errored in putting sensible pricing as that can be read differently dependent on how important it is too you.... i have also heard good things about the Sennheiser's for the price, however i still think this could be a little steep....
am i wanting to much for a set of headphones at £40 max????

scrouge

Entry level Sony's are brilliant for that sort of price.

Ala - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00005QBU7/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Bargain too.

2.2 bar shed.
Are you dumb. They're one of the best headphones out their for day to day use for brand whores who want to look like huge faggots.

Fixed. You might as well buy a pair of Bose headphones while your there to get some more overpriced shat.

Also. Note to OP. Earphones go in your ears, headphones go over your ears ;)

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Grado, I've had all makes of headphones... would never buy something not made by Grado again!

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
For cheaper headphones I'd probably be looking at Sennheisers, but it's been ages since I've looked and seen what's around.

2.2 bar shed.
Grado, I've had all makes of headphones... would never buy something not made by Grado again!

Do they actually make anything under 500 quid nowadays? Amazing studio headphones though, s**t all over my KRK's :(

Honda. Tesla Someday
Sennheiser CX300-II's. Excellent ear buds - and Cheap!! They also came like 2nd in the gadget show and were one of the cheapest on there. Fantastic sound and bass.

If you shop around you'll find them for about £18.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
have had a good look around,

the sony's linked above seem very good
the dre beats are bucks
and i have also looked at the Sennheisers', does anyone have much experience with these?

Not a 320d
Are you dumb. They're one of the best headphones out their for day to day use for not stupid money.

Are you retarded, or do you just listen to rap music?

I think I get it....your a f**king bass head. Overpriced s**t, they dont even sound good. badly designed, look tacky, feel tacky, are tacky. Designed for utter MORONS who dont have a clue about audio and have only heard music through ipod earphones, so yeah, they sound better, but seriously theres better out there for FAR less money.

For starters OP - tell us - Your price budget, your dads music taste. In ear or over ear?

I have a set of Beyerdynamic DTX80's, little too much bass sometimes but a good eq setting will solve that, great isolation and good sound quality. I wish id of gone for the DTX100's. Well built too. I dont listen to rap or anything techno, just a big mix of 70's style rock and glam rock, and occasional metal song.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
For starters OP - tell us - Your price budget, your dads music taste. In ear or over ear?

I have a set of Beyerdynamic DTX80's, little too much bass sometimes but a good eq setting will solve that, great isolation and good sound quality. I wish id of gone for the DTX100's. Well built too. I dont listen to rap or anything techno, just a big mix of 70's style rock and glam rock, and occasional metal song.

i have purchased the sennheissers205's from play, should be adequate for what my dad needs.
thankyou all

however i need some shortly also, so i will be researching again, but with a larger budget...maybe £80?????

Go cry to your momma!
Looks like you already decided on a pair but for anyone else after some headphones, play have the goldring NS1000 on offer at £50. They're a great set of noise cancelling cans. Great if you travel lots on buses/trains/planes.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
would be great if any of the people who commented before could advise again, so far i have been looking at the Sennheiser's again, after all what people talked about last time i think its between those or Grado's, but the Grado's seem a tad expensive again. i have roughly narrowed it so far to these...

http://www.iheadphones.co.uk/sennheiser-eh350.html

http://www.iheadphones.co.uk/sennheiser-hd-465.html

http://www.iheadphones.co.uk/sennheiser-hd-215.html

any thoughts or personal experience would be helpful... i was also thinking about wireless ones, can anybody advise / dismiss these?

Not a 320d
I wouldnt buy Sennheiser. Simply because there are better. But then why would you take my advice? Try some Diddy beats im sure the bass will blow you away..................

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I wouldnt buy Sennheiser. Simply because there are better. But then why would you take my advice? Try some Diddy beats im sure the bass will blow you away..................

On that logic, why did you buy a Renault?

Not a 320d
Price I ment.

I bought a Renault because im a student on a part time wage and cant afford a proper car.

I think those 3 will be a good choice price wise, they are also 32 Ohm so will be useable on your ipod or whatever. No need for Amps. Personlly id spend more but youll get into big figures with good cans and amps.

Not a 320d
They are closed cans so id expect plenty of bass, 38 ohm so no amp needed. If i was spending that sort of money i might consider a set of Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro's, they are a similar price. Check Thomann.de out, look for the low impedance version. AT's should be great though :)

Extreme meg250
Anyone have experience with the Dre Beats?

My mate has just bought the pro headphones and they are very good. His last beats, model down (not sure on model name) broke on the hinges but these new ones feel miles better built (bit heavier granted) but are very very nice!

Dre Beats headphones sound awfull. I couldn't be dealing with listening to the tinny ness of them.

Sennheiser are always a good shout. Also Shure are not bad.