ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

eBay cats??

Lots of catalytic converters on eBay for around the £80-£100 mark which seems a good price as people want £300 for a heavily used Renault one. Are these going to be as crap as I’m thinking they’re going to be?
Got a decat on mine and has just failed mot emissions test...

Stuflac

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
I put one on my cup to get it through its MOT. No issues. Not sure what it would have felt like with a proper one on, but there was a slight tinny noise from it at first. No noticeable performance changes.

Stuflac

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
My mate did it. Think he said there was an issue with it not going on the way you would expect, but he got it on eventually. Mine came with the fitting kit as well.

monaco 172
Had an eBay one from bmcatalysts on my 172. Worked a treat, quality was great and it passed 2 Mots before selling up

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Yeah they're supposed to be fine, as long as you get lots of heat in them.

Obvs not worth the same amount as an OEM one as they don't have all the precious metals in them, but still work well.