ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ECOTEC - anyone tried it yet

I am thinking of fitting an Ecotek to my Clio Cup (2002) and wondered in anyone had already tried it out and if it made any difference ?

Yes, tried it, pointless, dont bother (unless you want stupid sucking noises coming from under your bonnet for little or no benefit).

Rhys

350z & 16v Maxi

I dont know if it works or not. I have fitted it, and the f*cking noise it makes cant be worth any gains so i turned it off.

BMW 320d Sport

I fitted it and I was pleased with it, saved me petrol quite noticeably, but thats on a 16v and I think the effect varies from car to car. Theres plenty of stuff on here thats been said before about the Ecotek, do a search for it. Its what you might call a hot topic on here.

no offense to u mate. but i aint even gettin started on this topic again. all ill say is i agree with nick

Might have been a small fuel saving, but the farting noise from under the bonnet is just too embarrasing and annoying to live with!

Rhys

Thank you all for your thoughts, Im still a little undecided but leaning towards not getting one. Having a car that farts and hisses sounds a bit embarrasing around town and a bit of a distration when pressing on and needing to concentrate.

Clio 197

Forget it. It is a very silly thing to fit to an otherwise well engineered engine.

Can you say vacuum leak?

Theres so many threads on this subject! Do a search!

I have a mini adventure for you. Ecoteks cause long term problems. Dont use one. The end!