ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ECU - Where to get one?

Basically my mums car - Mondeo ST24 - R plate

is buggered. It wont start. It ticks over but wont actually start.

We got it to ford and they said its the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) which after my brother spoke to them turns out to be what they call the ECU.

They want silly amounts of money to fit a new one, but said if we can supply them with one, they will try it and only charge us a few quid to do this.

What i would like to know, is do any of you know where we can get a 2nd hand ECU, or even a cheap new one.

I've looked on ebay and there isnt any at the moment. I suppose we could try a scrap yard.

Is there going to be any issues with using a 2nd hand one. I would assume ford will wipe it clear and re-install it for mums car.

Yeah thats fine, as long as it works ok with a different car.

Because as i understand it, ECU's are programmed to the car, and the keys (immobiliser/alarm etc)

So just plugging in a different one wont work.

Skoda Fabia vRS
get a copy of car parts mart, its 99p and there will be loads of Ford breakers in it which will sell you one mail order