ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel Pump Not Working wih GEN90 ECU

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Went to start my Ph1 172 or the first time after fitting the ITB's. It has a GEN90 ECU in it now and as per the instructions I got from KTec I swapped the ECU pins around. I am told the ECU came wth a base map on it.
1676663392873.png

1676663454696.png

1676663478181.png

When I came to start it, turned the ignition on and the fuel pump did not prime...oh here we go I thought. And nothing when I cranked it.
Pretty sure it was not the immobiliser as when I go to crank it the little red light in the dash is not illuminated.

Got the multi meter out and decided to do a few voltage readings at the fuel pump and also the fuel pump relay.

Fuel pump relay
1676663806808.png
1676663927468.png

Fuel Pump
1676664069871.png
1676664135801.png

Does anyone know what voltage I should be expecting at each point? According to THIS thread the white on the relay is fuel pump out. So it looks like I am not getting any signal to go to the fuel pump, but I am getting a trigger going into the fuel pump relay from the ECU.

I am going to give KTec a ring on Monday and ask what is going on and what to check as this can't be right. The only thing is that Pin 9 is "Fuel Pump Relay Coil -Control" and that is needs a "software change" - has this been done? But I am getting a signal into the relay though.

I did take it out and put some contact cleaner on it in case it was that playing up but no still didn't start. In the past when I had starting issues it was crank sensor and not the fuel pump relay as it was priming then. But tbh the last time the car was started was back in November.

However, my brother came over and just ran a permanent live to the fuel pump (just spliced a wire to the cream wire and the other end on the battery) and then it worked and the car started!! So it is something to do with the fuel pump being controlled. And the only thing I have changed that controls the fuel pump is the ECU.

He thinks that it is the immobiliser causing problems. But the lights on the dash say something else. He told me that when he did an ITB conversion on his 106 many years ago this was a known problem and that you had to remove a pin from the ECU to stop it doing something to the immobiliser.

Anyone know anything that I could look for or check?
The other option is to have a permanent live to the fuel pump with a switch on the dash to turn it on/off.

Attachments

• 1676663428192.png
    1676663428192.png
    474.7 KB · Views: 36
  172 Ph1
I see in your PIN number diagram , pin 68 fuel pump control has not been asked to be moved. It deffo needs moving.
ph1 and ph2 control from diff pins . Gen90 is a Ph2 based ecu . You need to move pin 68 to pin 9.
Then it’ll prime .
Another thing you’ll need to poss do is , in the software suite , config the timer for fuel pump running time . That’s only if the pump runs continuously when initially primed .
I hope this helps you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
For ayone who stumbles accross this thread in the future with the same issue, as above Move Pin 68 to Pin 9. Although Pin 9 already as a wire going to it so just need to remove it and ignore it.