ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

eibach sportlines

BG182FF
are they really that good? whats all your opinions as they hardly lower the car. think its 30mm but can you really feel the difference. thanks

Clio 182
Seems uncertain how much they lower some websites say 30mm all round others say 30mm rear 45/50mm front. Anyone got pictures of them on there car?

It does drop it a tad, but it does feel much better as they are a progressive spring.

Get a set of second hand ones, always for sale on here.

BG182FF
Ive heard all good reviews but not really anyone commenting on them and how much they drop by. Im undecided whether to fit some on. Does the handling become stiffer and crashier? is it best to get a garage fit and how long does it roughly take to fit a set? thanks in advance, are they ok with every day driving

No pics, but it does lower the car slightly. You can definitely feel an improvement on the handling, the ride is a little harder but not much over standard.

Golf MK6 GT TDI
You can pick them up for £100 second hand easy, they drop the front about 30ishmm i think, the back maybe slightly less. There's loads of pics on here, have a search.

BG182FF
ive seen loads of pics but not many have commented on how they are drive wise and how they compare to normal springs. I think my cup packed 182 handles well but feels everything on the road and bumpy. thinking the springs will make it worse? less body roll?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
ive seen loads of pics but not many have commented on how they are drive wise and how they compare to normal springs. I think my cup packed 182 handles well but feels everything on the road and bumpy. thinking the springs will make it worse? less body roll?

Driving wise, they feel firmer - more at the rear than anything. I've noticed that with little or no weight in the rear and say 1/4 of a tank of juice, it does feel more 'bobbly' - like the it reacts very quickly to slight rises in the tarmac.

They are on my car which is my daily driver and I can't imagine going back to the OEM ones now. Funnily enough, one of the rear Eibach's had failed and as a consequence, my car failed its MOT last month. The kind lads at Birchdown whipped on a pair of standard 182 springs on the rear (mine's cup-packed as well) to get it through the MOT and the change was definitely noticable.

Driving home, the car felt more nose-heavy and tail-higher than before - which was to be expected. It felt slightly more sloppy around things like tight roundabouts as well - but still handled great.

I'd say I got my Sportlines mainly for the aesthetic appearance in the drop - certainly from a profile view. But there is a subtle and worthwhile (imo) change in the way the car handles. It's not crashy or banging over every slight deformation in the tarmac, but it's certainly feels more tightened when commiting to corners/sweeping bends.

D.

BG182FF
what a reply DarrenS!! thank you! so is there less body roll and is it stiff? your answer really answered how i feel so thanks. think im getting them on next week sometime.

Megane RS 250
Nice post Darren. I'm going to fit mine in a few weeks, i'll post my feedback to see if it matches yours.

BG182FF
let me know how you both find them as i wont be fitting mine until late next week thanks, any one else want to comment on there sportlines

Ph1 172 + Combo van
photos048.jpg

photos015.jpg

BG182FF
alex G, yours looks lower than normal? have you done somethin else to the suspension

realnumber 1, yours looks real low to for only a 30mm drop

"Navy" N17 TWO
I'm selling mine as I've coilovers now

Dropped my car around 30ish give or take a "few mm"
No loss of comfort and much less bodyroll + no problems with ramps if you're fussy = WIN :D

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Mines seams lower from others on pictures on here. Everything i have is standard suspension wise just with the prolines on.

At first they felt wierd but now they are really really good. Much improved i think. A tiny bit bumpy sometimes but the roads around here are poor and any lowered car would be the same, more so as you go lower.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
alex G, yours looks lower than normal? have you done somethin else to the suspension

realnumber 1, yours looks real low to for only a 30mm drop

Trust me... I'm 33 and think along your lines with regards to low being daft.....
The sportlines are perfect imho for the money . Sharpens the handling no end... Looks good and not to low...

BG182FF
thanks i think you have all made my mind up, gonna book car into garage next week and get them fitted, anything i need to know before fitting them or are they straight forward? how much should i pay at garage?

Golf MK6 GT TDI
can fit them yourself if you have the tools, its easy enough to do, theres a guide in the guides section. :)

Took me and a mate about 2hours to do mine.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Totally agree with all the comments so far, one of the best upgrades ive bought. Dropped about 30mil on mine-mildly firmer but still a comfy ride. Big improvement over the non cup springs i was running previously-virtually none of the annoying body roll it had. Yet to try it on track, but so far the springs with the std/soft dampers dont seem to be too mismatched for general road use.

Mine:
p1130962edited.jpg

Difference up front versus std sachs dampers:
p1130943edited.jpg

**Arent the black prolines meant to be oem ride height? Theyre just firmer and progressively wound arent they?**

Last edited: