ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electric sunroof sunshade

?
Car is mk2ph1 RSI 1.616v with electric sunroof.

Earlier somehow managed to pull the sunshield sunshade material out of the rails it travels on. Now i cant seem to get it back to how it was? Any ideas how it should be sitting? im half tempted to just rip it all out....

?
Does anyone know how this is meant to sit on? ive put it back into the rails but now when you pull it open/closed the mechanism is very rough and jaggedy and it often just breaks again :(

?
Bump...!

Just realised this fixed itself but im now wondering who I could go about changing the sunshade?

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg
To do it properly, the glass needs to be removed. 2 Torx 20 screws to remove from each side, bit fiddly but can be done. You will then have access to the sun blind. It held in with 3 clips. Carefully unsnap each clip by moving the tags towards the front of the car. Remove the blind. The blind is sprung loaded, you can re-tension the spring by winding it back up. Tricky part is keeping it all together to refit as, as soon as you let go of it, the spring will unwind itself. Probably a job for 2 poeple, one either side of the car to guide it back in and snap the lugs into place.

Hope that helps and good luck.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Does yours rattle a lot when it's not pulled out Ahmed? Mine won't shut up and I'm wondering if it's not sitting properly.

?
To do it properly, the glass needs to be removed. 2 Torx 20 screws to remove from each side, bit fiddly but can be done. You will then have access to the sun blind. It held in with 3 clips. Carefully unsnap each clip by moving the tags towards the front of the car. Remove the blind. The blind is sprung loaded, you can re-tension the spring by winding it back up. Tricky part is keeping it all together to refit as, as soon as you let go of it, the spring will unwind itself. Probably a job for 2 poeple, one either side of the car to guide it back in and snap the lugs into place.

Hope that helps and good luck.

I think thats whats wrong with it then, the spring must have un-tensioned. Wish I had someone to help me with this :( 2 man job ftl

Does yours rattle a lot when it's not pulled out Ahmed? Mine won't shut up and I'm wondering if it's not sitting properly.

No it doesnt ian, just doesnt work as it should :(

PH-QUICK
This was broken on my old RT, in the end i just manage to roll it back up by pushing the rollers round with my fingers. Or just rip it out as its rubbish anyway.