ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electric wiggley dash light

Robproof

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Hi, have the wiggly electric light on the dash of my 182. Have plugged in to the ecu and no faults are showing- going to try with another reader, but the car will only rev to 3k.

happened since I (stupidly) washed the engine of all the road salt.

Any ideas on how to diagnose the issue? Or any solutions.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Hi, have the wiggly electric light on the dash of my 182. Have plugged in to the ecu and no faults are showing- going to try with another reader, but the car will only rev to 3k.

happened since I (stupidly) washed the engine of all the road salt.

Any ideas on how to diagnose the issue? Or any solutions.
You've probably filled the plug holes up with water mate. I've done similar and have had similar results.

It's painful because you have to pull inlet off but can't be fixed by just running it and hoping the water evaporates. I did that for several weeks and it didn't work 😔

Screenshot_20221227-005031.png

Robproof

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
You've probably filled the plug holes up with water mate. I've done similar and have had similar results.

It's painful because you have to pull inlet off but can't be fixed by just running it and hoping the water evaporates. I did that for several weeks and it didn't work 😔

View attachment 1625326

thanks will give that empty and clean out! Fingers crossed that solves the issue

cheers

Robproof

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
This issue has resolved itself now, cleaned everything.

Slight issue the engine idles at 5.5k RPM now and sounds like it’s misfiring a little. it drops when driving but the revs are still high and bounce a bit.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
This issue has resolved itself now, cleaned everything.

Slight issue the engine idles at 5.5k RPM now and sounds like it’s misfiring a little. it drops when driving but the revs are still high and bounce a bit.
That sounds like a vacuum leak, you sure you've plugged everything back in?