ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

electric window

my nearside window struggles to go up when i push the button. Its much slower than the offside window and seems to really struggle, going up very slowly. Any suggestions?!

Make sure there is nithgin in the seal stoppig it, or the seal is caught/twisted when it goes up / down.

Failing that take the interior panel off and check its not fowling on anything when it goes up

( not a expert) but mine does it sort of, nothing too major, as long as it makes it up!, i find its worse when the cars not running, and its just on 1st or second click on key? maybie battery is bit sh*t? as i said im no expert, and ur problem maybie different to mine!, theres my view alrite? ryan

Quote: Originally posted by ryan22nd on 13 April 2004

( not a expert) but mine does it sort of, nothing too major, as long as it makes it up!, i find its worse when the cars not running, and its just on 1st or second click on key? maybie battery is bit sh*t? as i said im no expert, and ur problem maybie different to mine!, theres my view alrite? ryan

cheers ryan. could be the problem but surely this would affect both of the windows, mine only happens on one side!? :confused:

CLIO WILLIAMS #0215

my passenger side windows the same!!! wouldnt worry about it mate! i dont lose sleep over it!

okie doke... its just it happened to the drivers side before and reno said somethin had snapped so i had to have a new part (cant remember what it was). Whatever they did seemed to fix it too cos it shoots up now, but its happened to the passenger side now!! :confused:

yeh same mate, but mines the passenger side, the seals on this side do look green/ greener than the drivers side... what u could do is wash the window well, and the seal make them both as wet as possible then try pressing the button? that mite help to eliminate if it is, or isnt being slown by dirt etc?
after that i would check over the motor and electrics?

kewl, ok ill try... just thought it may be somethin electrical due to reno ordering me a new part last time it happened?

ok, ta mate ill give it a go. TBH i could just take it back cos its under warranty!! i just dont want the hassle

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

if the grease doesnt work then defo take it back because the next step would be to remove the interior panel to have a look at the mechanism etc.