ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical Fault 1.5DCi

Fiat Punto GT Turbo
Hi all,

Recently my gf's Mk2 Phase 2 1.5DCi has developed a strange electrical problem. Basically when driving along usually more than 20mph the following lights blink in a hectic fashion (like a lose connection) Stop, Serve, Handbrake, Power steering, ABS. Not only is it irrating and rather worrying it effects the way the car runs too, at slower speeds it will jerk the car and also the steering goes very heavy. I can get all the lights to go off by dipping the clutch regardless of what speed im doing, It doesnt do this whilst idling and the power steering works as normal.

Also have another problem that started a while back, basically whenever the car is under load like going up hill's over a certain revs I get the glow plug lights and you can feel the car back off slightly, again this will clear once the revs have dropped.

Many thanks in advance :)

Megane dci 130
Sounds like two problems. 1st problem sound like a possible battery fault. Get it tested.

Problem two sounds like a blocked/stuck open EGR valve.

Fiat Punto GT Turbo
cheers for the advice

Surely with a battery problem all electrics would be effected? I turned the heaters on and the reading light to see if it was effecting anything else but they continued to work as normal when the lights on the dash were having a rave, Surely dipping the clutch wouldnt effect it either?.

I'll give the EGR valve a clean this weekend, seems straight forward enough

1.5dci
might be worth checking the battery, when mine went and i called out the rac, the man noticed the battery was the one for the petrol engine instead of the dci, he said it's quite common apparently, people just get the one that shows up cheapest, but with it being the lower capacity of the two it wouldn't have enough power