ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical Fault Light + Limited Power

Clio 1.4 16v
Hi guys,
Got in the car this morning and the electrical fault light was on, which i've never had that before. Then driving along it would get to about 2.5k rpm then loose power, then start going again, but then would never go over 2.5k rpm whole journey, so I couldn't get over about 40mph.

I replaced the coils about a month ago because one went so dont know if thats got anything to do with it, but from past experience a fault with the coils usually light up the emissions fault light, and the engine isn't having the same symptoms.

Also, at the weekend, for the first time ever, it wouldnt start for ages. Don't know if this is related.

It's a 2003 1.4 16v, done about 74k miles now, always been dead reliable up till now!

Any thoughts?

Cheers

ph1 black 172
sounds like it was running in limp mode.

usually just turning over and not starting means crank sensor. perhaps remove it and give it a clean. that may help.

Clio 1.4 16v
Ah that makes sense. Just taken it out in my lunch break and seems to be ok now. But I'm sure it'll come back!

Done a quick search on here on limp mode and electrical faults and its thrown up loads of threads, so I'll have a look through them. Thanks for your help.