ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical Fault light

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
Hi,
This morning when i went out to start the car I couldnt start it because I had a flat battery. I left the interior light on so I know this was what caused it.

I managed to get a jump start and the car is running fine apart form the electrical warning light is constantly illuminated.

I have ran the car for about 200 miles since but it is still on.

Any thoughts??

clio 172
when you say electrical fault light do you mean battery light? if so check the charge rate ,anything from 13-14.5volts is ok. also do you get 12v to the black plug on the alternator.

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
when you say electrical fault light do you mean battery light? if so check the charge rate ,anything from 13-14.5volts is ok. also do you get 12v to the black plug on the alternator.

It is the one with the coil and the zig zag. I looked up the book and it says electrical fault light.

Anyone got any ideas?

I read on another thread it could be to do with the CPU loosing is power supply but I have ran the can for about 300 miles and it is still on.

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
If I disconnected the battery to try and reset the CPU do you think that might help?

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
In case anyone searches and finds this thread with the same problem I disconnected the battery -ve lead for an hour then reconnected it and it solved the problem.