ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical gremlins

Hello everyone,

I've recently purchased a clio 182 that I am more than happy with. However, I seem to have a number of electrical gremlins, that while amusing, I'd like to eradicate

Number 1: Engine management light has come on, and is staying on. Lambada sensor I suspect?
Number 2: While going round left hand turns, usually uphill with some load on the engine, the handbrake light and 'stop' lights will flicker on and off
Number 3: (this is the best) yesterday the traction control, ABS, and 'serv' lights all came on. went off after a good old turn off and turn back on

The car is running fine despite all of the above, returning c.250 miles to a tank?

Any help much appreciated

Cheers for the info! spot on!

I topped it up and screwed the cap back on no worries. however when I came to re-connect the electrical connection it wouldn't 'click' into place, so despite my best efforts at the moment it's only pushed together. will this be ok?

BTTT for the other queries :)

3. This is actually currently happening to mine... Although it's developed so now it's on just after I start driving and stays on until I turn it off! Shed!

Golf GTD Mk7
1: Like you say it will probably be 2nd Lambda
3: Could be a faulty ABS sensor causing the issues, or one of the ABS rings is dirty.

blue 182 54 plate
ive got the exact same problems with mine m8 , the engine management light was on because i needed a new 02 sensor, but my traction control abs and ser lights came on and i havent found out the problem yet but they came on when my alternator went , at one point i had more lights on than a christmas tree, every problem ive had is electrical lol

S4 Avant
1. Second lambda sensor faulty
2. As said, brake fluid low. Left hand bends cause the fluid to move away from the sensor in the resevoir.
3. ABS sensor