ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical Problem ??

SC 172 FF
I'll try and keep this quick...

Alarm keeps going off every 30mins without fail, tried turning the interior sensors off - no joy.....the light by the gear stick is flashing once suggesting door, bonnet or boot has been opened BUT all sensors should work as lights go off when doors closed and bonnet sensor is unplugged.

The other day when driving home my driver window was half down, it then wound all the way down on its own!

Today I started it up and the Oil -------- warning light came on...strange as i only serviced it other week so checked oil level when home and engine cold and all was fine.

My airbag light and service light have come on although im sure that's just loose wires under chairs....

Any one any ideas whats going on or had similar problems!!!????....ECU foooooked??

Lol. It's the module that controls the electrics. I didn't know what it was either a while ago :eek: saying that though when I rang Renault Manchester up about it, they didn't have a clue what I was talking about either lol.

SC 172 FF
that don't surprise me mate, Reno don't have a clue about most things lol ...was it a costly job mate?...might try and get hold of one and replace myself if that's possible...

Yeah it set me back over £300ish, can't remember the exact price. Thing is it needs to go to Renault because it needs coding to the car. I had to get mine replaced because I had a right indicator that would never cancel until I indicated left but as soon as the stalk flicked back to the centre the right indicator would come on. lol

If you stick your head under the glovebox and look under there you'll see a black box with some relays attached to it, that black box is the UCH.

SC 172 FF
ok so after taking the interior panels off and disconnecting the driver speaker, window motor and rear interior boot light the alarm stopped going off!....BUT then after a week the car wouldn't start!

I've had crack sensor changed, new battery and new alternator in the past week and the problem seemed fine....

just put all my interior back in and wired up speaker and boot int light and the alarm problems are back!....pretty sure it's not the window motor as that's been wired up for over a week now.

anyone had problems with their speakers affecting their electrics?

SC 172 FF
disconnected speaker....alarm still went off....

disconnected boot int light....alarm hasn't gone off yet and it's been armed for about hr n half....fingers crossed that's the problem!