ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

electrical problems

i had a problem with my rear light last week, indicators coming on when i was braking etc,i tested the earth with a voltmeter although forgot to disconnect the battery.i fixed that but after restarting the car and driving for about 5-10 miles my service light has come on.
now i've not got a handbook but as far as i'm aware it only comes on on it's own if theirs low oil.the oils fine their are no other lights on with it.
At the same time my automatic headlights, automatic window wipers,window washers and reverse lights have stopped working.
I have checked all the fuses engine and car fusebox and none are blown.all connections as far as i can see are tight and clean. I disconnected the battery and restarted it,the service light went of but came on again after about ten seconds.
i'm thinking i have a problem with the multitimer but wonder what you people think it could be?
i also don't no if testing the earth for resistance without disconnecting the battery could have affected the multitmer?

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Check all your fuses
Check all your bulbs
Check all your earth straps
Check your battery

P.s. What Clio ;)

i've checked all my fuses mate especially the one's for the uch their all fine.all the bulbs are ok the headlights are working on non auto mode.
battery a ok 12.6 volts with the engine off.
is their one particular earth for the multimer?i've checked what earths i can find(most)and their all clean.
its weird the list of things i've found that aren't working now are; auto lights, auto window wipers, rear window wiper, window washers, air recurculation button, reverse lights, fog lights, also the service light is on alone and the oils fine.
i'm thinking its the multimer but weird because most other systems it runs i have no problems with.
its a mk2 ph2 mate 1.2 16v

Clio 172
I have had the opposite happen to me in the past week...my headlights were never automatic but they have started coming on on their own when it gets darker!!! Or maybe they haven't worked up until now. Al the other lights are fine. Any ideas what could be causeing my lights to come on?