ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Elephant issues...

Not a 320d
So they renewed my policy, no email, letter, nothing what so ever. Which is OK I can look past that as Im moving house right now, price isn't much over the next cheapest quote.

What I am fucked off about is that they have decided to automatically email me today, telling me there's a discrepancy with my convictions (last conviction was in '09, prior to that was '07) and somehow come to the conclusion that I received 3 points for an SP30 4 years ago. Which I didn't. So I'm being charged £260 extra in the next few days.

How the f**k do they figure that out? Someone please tell me.

Not a 320d
Yeah I know but im ranting. Its irrelephant.....Still have to declare the points within 5 years. My last '09 conviction is no longer active.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I was going to say admiral are pricks, which they are, but I'm not understanding this thread? You didn't tell your insurance about a conviction and then they found out?

Its irrelephant.

I-See-What-You-Did-There..png

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Ring your insurance up and see how many points they think you have. If they say 9 there wrong if they say 6 there right.

Not a 320d
Ring your insurance up and see how many points they think you have. If they say 9 there wrong if they say 6 there right.

I have 3 points from an SP50 which i received about 4.5 years ago so need declaring to insurance. The other points, TS10, are from about 6 years ago and dont need declaring.

They have added an SP30 conviction from around the same time as the SP50, but I haven't had any other points, period.

I just dont know how the can do that? If that £250 is taken from my account Ill get bank charges so hopefully it wont be until after Monday when I ring them.

Admiral are £100 cheaper too. I know same company etc.

Fiesta ST-3
Ring up, tell them you sent it in writing that you didn't wish to renew. Not your fault they lost it. Boom.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I'm with elephant, it runs out on the 30th of this month. They emailed me giving me a renewal quote and said unless they hear from me they will just renew.

They also messed up with points i had half way through my policy and stung me for it, a similar amount to yourself. I couldn't be arsed to argue or cancel though because i was half way through and needed the extra no claims. :(

Can't wait to leave them this month and go with Greenlight.

They tried something similar with me, adding a claim that i never had halfway through the policy, I phoned them up kicking off and they got it sorted eventually, best to phone weekday nights and get one of the Canadians, much better customer service in my experience.

Not a 320d
I had someone that might have been Indian. No point in having a go because they dont give a s**t and they dont understand either. I have to email them providing evidence I dont have the points.

DB.

BMW 440i
I had a call back from Greenlight the other day, undercut my current renewal quote by a good few hundred! Give them a bell

Not a 320d
I asked them for a quote and they were £100 more. Fook that. Really wanted to go with Greenlight too Ive heard good things

Ford Mustang 5.0
I had a call back from Greenlight the other day, undercut my current renewal quote by a good few hundred! Give them a bell

Thanks mate glad you were happy with the price/service.

Our policy is modification friendly as well so if you do decide to add anything accross the year it wont be a problem.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight
01277 376000

I asked them for a quote and they were £100 more. Fook that. Really wanted to go with Greenlight too Ive heard good things

After the hassle my old man has had I've come to the conclusion that cheapest isn't always the best when it comes to insurance.

Especially not where EUI group are involved.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
So they renewed my policy, no email, letter, nothing what so ever. Which is OK I can look past that as Im moving house right now, price isn't much over the next cheapest quote.

What I am f**ked off about is that they have decided to automatically email me today, telling me there's a discrepancy with my convictions (last conviction was in '09, prior to that was '07) and somehow come to the conclusion that I received 3 points for an SP30 4 years ago. Which I didn't. So I'm being charged £260 extra in the next few days.

How the f**k do they figure that out? Someone please tell me.

its all automated mate.. happened to me couple years back. Just phone and say watupgwaaan.. and they'll appologise and solve it straight away.

Not a 320d
I rang them but they said I needed to provide a copy of my license. So I have and still havent heard anything.