ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

elephant or admiral

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
there the same people are they not? i'd gt with admiral as i've heard a few nihgtmare stories about elephant.. im still with them tho

LY V6 with Recaros
I'm with elephant at the moment, but before that was with admiral, both seem ok, although I had problems with admiral when I renewed with them, seemes they didn't actually renew it and I was driving around without insurance for 2 weeks without realising!

Chocolate Bar™
i thought they were the same company too? admiral were very very cheap for me but dont intend to crash or they'll try to dick u so they dont have to pay out. Tried to have me for refurbing wheels, and wouldnt initially fix my electric window which broke in the crash. Also heard stories that people have been left without a courtesy car for upto 8 weeks whilst they make a decision

My policy is 1250 0NCB 21, with suspension declared and interior changes (steering wheel)

Racing Blue 182
ohh thats not good,

I have declared suspension and induction kit, but no trophy wheels as they are the same colour and the same size and renault wheels.

Guess they would try to get out of covering me too

Leon Cupra R 225
they are sister companies, hence similar quotes. admiral all the way for me though, elephant not as good customer service wise imo

Chocolate Bar™
most definatly, however i got out of by using the description of goods act, no parts have actually been replaced on the car, and the wheels are anthracite so technically if silver wheels got dirty is that changing the appearance of the car and therefore voiding the policy?

However in your case i'd declare them as they're different wheels completly

silver cup packed FF 182
i was with elephant when i had my saxo vts last year,when elephant gave me a qoute for my 182 FF it was few extra hundred pounds than what admiral where offering me so ended up ending mu policy with elephant and started a new one with admiral for my 182.

mk 2 1.2 8v
which one is better both offereing me the same quote

check the prices if your going to add any more mods to the car, i had a policy with admiral and they were wanting to add £400 for alloys, window, tints and colour coding, with elephant my policy will only go up £80

Chocolate Bar™
^ they only put mine up 65 quid when i declared and exhaust and suspension and interior changes? and i've got 0NCB. Obviously depends on the person?

and my last car which was fully loaded with mods, alloys suspension exhaust full bodykit etc only cost me 600 quid with everything decared with 0NCB

LY V6 with Recaros
Elephant added £100 just for the cup packs, I couldn't get it through to them that they were factory fitted! That's the last time I'm telling the insurance about that!!

Maz

LY 200
^^ so many companies have this problem they are factory fitted not aftermarket I send off the proof of purchase from renult that states this if they get silly ..

Aplan are great when it comes to mods etc well clued up imho