ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Elephant Trying To Screw Me?

don't
Ok last year I was with admiral and recently finished my policy, the 12 months had ran its course.
I was insured with the following mods, exhaust, alloys, engine chip that can give gains of up to 10%

Renewal came and I’m looking to sell the car in the next few months, I removed the engine chip and sold it on to a mate. Was fed up of the petrol consumption as I run it on 99ron petrol and now do alot more town driving so dont really need as much power + I sit in alot more traffic

Instead of going with Admiral I changed over to Elephant as it was a fair bit cheaper, all the same details apart from one less modification

3 weeks into my policy and Elephant have emailed me telling me they are taking £50 from my bank in the next 10 days because they see on my policy with admiral that I had a chip and haven’t mentioned it to them.

I replied saying it has been removed and that it was done before my policy with them started, and that I’m not happy that they were going to just take my money rather than querying the change first.

They have now replied saying they will remove the modification from my policy once I’ve proved to them it is no longer there.

I am fuming, surely they cannot just add on modifications to my policy. I’ve emailed back saying I’m not happy and that the chip was removed by myself and had been sold on. Also told them to correct my policy straight away, but I doubt they will.

Am I wrong here or is the whole thing shocking

Clio MK 4
ye quite shocking. You can see how they may think your lying but no excuse to just take money out of the account . They should have rang you about it and if they really wanted come check your car.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I was wondering what this thread was going to be about from the title LOL

I can see what the insurance Co are saying, if you know someone who works in a garage just get them to write you a letter on garage headded paper saying its been removed.

Admiral,elephant & bell are the same company - not many folk know that.

Imo they didn't just add the mod to your policy, they thought you still had it there, in their eyes it was so therefore you'd have to pay. I'd just take it on the chin tbh.

I remember a while ago, a dude had a modded fiat coupe, he was with one company (say elephant) he then got a quote for a standard one from another (say admiral) - they called him up & went 'so are xyz modifictions not on the car anymore then ??' They were still on it !Owned !!

E30 318iS x2
Tis kind of obvious they linked by the websites being the same lol.

Same with direct line and churchill.

Did the new policy save toy £50? if so then you still saving lol but they can't just free will take money from you, just demand that some one comes out if they so adimant it needs checking.

don't
I replied and said I wasnt happy and that the modification was removed before the policy started so I have been truthful. They have now said ok we wont charge you but if its there and you crash then you're screwed, which is obviously fair enough and not a problem.

not impressed how they went about things though, and yea i know they are all linked and the same company!

320d
Why would you lie to save £50 when you previously declared it. If you crash they will go over your car with a fine tooth comb now so make sure you're fully declared etc i'm sure you will be by your opening post but just a heads up.

don't
yea i'm not stupid, i know they are linked and I've read posts before on here about how anal elephant and admiral can be when claiming after people have mods anyway so everything has always been declared completely!

hell most of the time i end up switching from elephant to admiral and vice versa so dont have to bother sending in my no claims as they just get it off their own systems lol

don't
I can't believe it

just checked my bank and even after they said ok fine you dont have the modification anymore but if we find it after a crash we wont pay out

THEY HAVE STILL TAKEN THE MONEY OFF ME

I cant believe the cheek! I've emailed asking for an immediate refund and also asked if its too late to cancel my policy in full and to get a full refund

shocking!!!!!

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Just say you've taken it off, if they think otherwise they're free to come look at the car to check for themselves but at no cost to you or the policy.

If you did ever claim you can bet they'll check to see if it's there!

don't
It's so stupid, the email they sent a month ago when I told them said well its been on your last 2 policys, 1 with us and 1 with admiral so we want to charge you

I dont care how long its been there, it isnt anymore lol, its not as if its something hard to believe, its a chip, surely I'm allowed to remove modifications if I want to.

Stupid thing is, my policy is probably currently void because its not accurate, if i crash they can check my car and say oh actually you said you had a chip and you dont so we wont pay out lol, wouldnt suprise me 1 f*cking bit

I'm planning on selling the car in a month anyway! They can come to check all they want, can't believe they've had the cheek to just name a modification on my policy and charge me for it.

I'll give them a bit of time for a decent email response otherwise i'll ring them after work and see what the hell they have to say for themselves!