ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

elf sticker

clio 182
i want to take the sticker out the rear window but if i take it out will the heater on the window still work or will i knacker it thanks

Pug 205 gti
hairdryer, an heat the glue up. it'll come off easy then, you'll just haveto get somethin to take the glue off the window

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
hairdryer, an heat the glue up. it'll come off easy then, you'll just haveto get somethin to take the glue off the window

Like he said meths or turps on a rag will get the glue off or autoglym intensive tar remover just clean it with window cleaner after

Clio 1970000000
I have taken the dealer stickers off but the ELF sticker is well stuck (London term there) so I left it. Let me know if you get if off as I would like to remove mine.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
i want to take the sticker out the rear window but if i take it out will the heater on the window still work or will i knacker it thanks

Off Topic I know just noticed where your from :D

AUTOBODYCRAFT is a great bodyshop near you if ever you need any work doin in swadlincote 01283 550 570 They are the best IMO mate, used him for years on all my cars excellent Job (I am REALLY fussy abut my car ). I will never take it anywhere else.
They have painted and restored a lot of cars that have won concourse trophys for the ford RSOC .(did all the paint on my RSturbo )
First class service ask for John :approve::approve:

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
thanks i will have to go down as i want a few things done to mine where in swad are they

dont know what he area is called mate could take you there from memory thou :eek:

I'm not from round there takes me 45mins - 1 hour to get there but been goin there years wont ever go anywhere else mate .:approve:

DMS

A thirsty 172
I removed mine on a very hot day, which saved me having to use a hairdryer.
Ironically I used my CS membership card to scrape into one of the corners of the elf sticker so that I could get a grip on it with my fingernails. I then just peeled it off slowly and washed the glue off with some Auto Glym window cleaner stuff.
My heated rear screen still works fine.