ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Elise SC

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Our demo car will be arriving in an hour or two for me to PDI and road test.....looks like i'll be working late tonight....the one time i don't mind!

Its gonna be in white as well....:cool: I'll get some pics up later.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Just finished with it......very impressive.

Pics and a little first impression write up to follow soon.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Well...first impressions. Its very smooth.
Doesn't have the start up rev flare that the Exige S has, and normal driving its pretty much like the Elise R but you can feel the added urgency when you decide to give it some juice, the mid range feeling much like the Exige S just not as frenetic.

It doesn't need to be worked hard to go fast, something the Elise R has always demanded up to the 6k VVT point.
This is definitely the car for people wanting to move up from an Elise R without wanting the rather track focused stance the Exige has.

Obviously i barely scratched its dynamic capabilities tonight. Its boxfresh and has 1000 miles to run before it can be properly pushed but it definitely feels like a well blended fusion of Elise R and Exige S.

Oh and it looks the nuts too....:approve: . Colour is Pearlescent White.

Last edited:
  Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Man those wheels are gash !!

Could have guessed the negative comment would come from you Craig...:rasp:

To be brutually honest, the wheels aren't the nicest i've seen and im not a huge fan of them, but they do look better in the metal.

Last edited:
^
Lol, you know know me too well dude. It looks a cracking piece of kit :approve: but those alloys do nothing for me at all :dapprove:

Ad

MK2 FRS
great colour looks nice! Agree wheels arent anyhting special.

Whats the price difference between it and the ExigeS?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Mmmmm Yummy, Agree on Dark Wheels for it, Smooth Underbody is Nice, Are all Lotus' like that?

Lotus Elise 111R
That pearl white is just beautiful !

Supercharger on the R....I just love that subtle supercharger whine, and great that they have managed to get it all under the boot lid instead of the rear window!

Sounds good, will be interesting to see how well it sells.

Not keen on the wheels either. Might look better in black.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Its definitely a different drive to the Exige S.
It doesn't deliver its power quite so frantically, but it definitely has some mid range punch instead of it all going banana's at 6k like the R does!

Im not sure yet if i'd have one over an Elise R. Needs to be run in before it can be properly judged.

As for the wheels, well Lotus did sell a "Black Pack" but have stopped it, but im constantly having to send wheels away for re-powdercoating so when we get an order for one with black wheels i'll get pics up when its prepped!

Might just be me, but i reckon it would probably drive quite similar to my old VXT, loads of power/mid range punch, made for a borin lazy drive.

not what a sports car is about, the 111R engine is a peach!

Correct me if im wrong!

Lotus Elise 111R
I can concur with the R engine after today, spent a couple of hours out and about with the top off, and a mate who has just bought an R as well. Just so eager to pull all the way to 8k+, strong brakes, perfectly balanced chassis, even over rough surfaces.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Personally, even after having driven some of the monster versions of the supercharged Exiges like the 240R and the 255 Cup, the Lotus i'd have as an everyday drive is an Elise R with a Level 1 exhaust and a Pipercross kit.
Its a perfect setup.

As for it being compared to the VXT, the SC still has the Elise/Exige DNA of being buzzy and lively....i compare the Europa to the VXT.
Thats a very lazy drive....but then they do share the same engine!

yeah, having not driven one im not in a great position to coment.. know what you mean about the exhaust and pipercross! ;)

reason i went for the exige over the elise is really the looks. i doubt i will see the handling advantages in my ownership

the reason i didnt go for the S is insurance! :( wishing i could have got it though!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Well you aren't missing much not having driven the Europa.....trust me!

I think if someone completely unfamiliar to the brand drove one they'd like it, but if you are are used to the Elise you'd find it dull and almost pretty pointless.
Infact i'd not be surprised if they now halt the Europa production....its really not sold well and with the SC now out and the Eagle on its way, its going to be overlooked.

I think you have the best Exige bar the 255 Cup anyway Justin.
If you have to have one with a supercharger, it has to be the 255 Cup or an Exige S PP.

The S was just not insurable unfortunately, no where would touch me :(

but yeah the europa must be similar to the VX, which was rapid! but boring.. really easy to drive fast aswell..

Im looking forward to seeing the eagle when it comes out !

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
You and me both! Just be nice to have something else in the line up of models which doesn't just have a fettered version of the Yamaha engine in!
A nice V6 for the Eagle and (hopefully) a V10/12 for the Esprit.

Mmmmmmmm!

Lotus Elise 111R
Personally, even after having driven some of the monster versions of the supercharged Exiges like the 240R and the 255 Cup, the Lotus i'd have as an everyday drive is an Elise R with a Level 1 exhaust and a Pipercross kit.
Its a perfect setup.

As for it being compared to the VXT, the SC still has the Elise/Exige DNA of being buzzy and lively....i compare the Europa to the VXT.
Thats a very lazy drive....but then they do share the same engine!

I had the pleasure of taking out an Exige 240 Cup and it was just crazy, an animal really, but the rear view was a bit limited...JUstin, you'll be used to that by now! You can't that car imo for 100k, let alone 30-40k.

Having said that the supercharger whine is worth an extra £10k!!!, and being an elise/soft top fan, I just hope an elise SC is affordable for me soon....Ollie, test drive when mine is in for a service?

Piers

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
I had the pleasure of taking out an Exige 240 Cup and it was just crazy, an animal really, but the rear view was a bit limited...JUstin, you'll be used to that by now! You can't that car imo for 100k, let alone 30-40k.

Having said that the supercharger whine is worth an extra £10k!!!, and being an elise/soft top fan, I just hope an elise SC is affordable for me soon....Ollie, test drive when mine is in for a service?

Piers
Fcuk yeah....just let me know when you are booked in for a service (a Saturday preferably) and i'll see what i can do for you.
Im sure we can sneak out in the SC for half an hour or so.....we'll just have to claim you are definitely in the market for one....which you probably are anyway!

As for that supercharger whine.....the 240 is good for it but the 255 howls like a banshee i sh*t you not.
That thing is the top of the Exige tree and its stunning.....only the 2-Eleven can match it!

Ollie, what are your views on the Lotus Sport ECU that lowers the cam change on the Elise R? Some people say it's great, others not.