ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Elise Testing

Turbos.
Since the last Britcar race at Snetterton was a no show thanks to gearbox/engine woes we've been packing in test days up until the last race at Brands next weekend.

Anywho, it was found that an erroneous bolt was stuck in one of the cylinders causing engine failture and the gearbox problems were down to the wrong shift cable. To our relief today we had no problems but we were slower than earlier in the year with less power so we're back tomorrow to try again, although thinking it will be wet! Here are some snaps i took in between sessions...

Plan of attack
P1050365.jpg

Ready to go
P1050317.jpg

P1050325.jpg

Out on track
P1050342.jpg

P1050333.jpg

P1050343.jpg

Hillman Imp next door, cute!

P1050415.jpg

P1050411.jpg

Capturing datalogging
P1050315.jpg

Few changes
P1050357.jpg

P1050355.jpg

Back out
P1050403.jpg

P1050404.jpg

P1050410.jpg

M3 GTR lost a wheel and went off at Clearways!
P1050374.jpg

Few others
P1050412.jpg

P1050400.jpg

P1050393.jpg

P1050395.jpg

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
cool stuff. :D

i like the first pic of your attack process :)

Turbos.
Nice, looking good. Performing as expected? On the pace?

Your scribbles look just like mine LOL

Well the fact it was performing at all was more than expected lol... pace wise hard to say as no one else was there that we race against, but hoping for a podium next week. It will be interesting to see what the credit crunch has done to the starting grid.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
lol @ the plan of attack! Just use the PI data or whatever it is...Theory's all good and well...But useless on race day!

Turbos.
There is datalogging JR you spacker, look at the pic!

Staying with the K-Series i think, should be able to keep it reliable now. Will have more historic value in the future too.

that m3 does the gt cup. Have seen it a few times, sounds awesome! Just wish the piece of tat 360 i look after was as quick :(. What do you do? Driver or engineer?

Turbos.
I drive with my dad, we do races with double headers or two driver Britcar races. Our mate Steve has done a few GT Cup rounds. It looks like ours but its red/white and has a supercharged 2.3 K20A. Always goes wrong though..lol.

Turbos.
LOL, no. Splitter is a bit buggered though. Drove onto the main straight and it started skimming on the ground. Unfortunately the attachments are poorly designed and failed so that needs to be re-engineered!

Almost collected a couple of Caterhams though, they drive like such nobbers.