ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Embedded youtube videos on ipad

R26
When I'm browsing cliosport.net on my iPad and there are youtube videos embedded on a thread, half the time i can't watch them, they just have the play icon with a no entry sign over it.

Why is this? Its bloody annoying.

I can't believe you have to ask this question TBH. Even the cows in the local field know why it won't play.

There's no Flash. That's why.

Cupra
Don't think it was TBH. There is no visible reason why the majority of embedded videos in Safari do play and others don't when they are all hosted on the same site.

Obviously the technical reason they don't work (that everybody is aware of) is that some are flash encoded and others are HTML5, but it is not an option that you choose when copying a link from YT. I can only guess that the ones which don't work are old encoded videos that have not been adjusted to the new HTML5 standard.

I think the more popular ones are generally HTML5.

But 'BillyBob using his first skateboard' will still be flash.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
How does YT differentiate between the 2 when choosing which video gets which set up?

All old videos in flash? New ones are iPad friendly?