ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

emissions for mot

corsa ecoflex
i have a 1994 clio which was a 1.8 16v but i have dropped a 5 gtt lump in,i need to get it mot'd but my local garage have said it wont pass as i need the car to have a catalytic convertor of which the 5 engine cant have...so i need help around this problem with any suggestions please
thanks

Find a garage that will stick it on the courtesy car for 20 quid or something, i know somewhere local to me that do it.

corsa ecoflex
i have been told by 5 gtt owners not to put a cat on as the engine will not run good and a waste of time as it will knacker the cat

i have been told by 5 gtt owners not to put a cat on as the engine will not run good and a waste of time as it will knacker the cat

It will work anyway if you only want the CAT for te MOT time whats the issue?

A good quality low resistance cat won't case any trouble and help the environment. However the GTT engine is pre cat anyway so what the issue as the MOT tester should check the engine and if you can prove the engine age (not to difficult as GTT are old engine the mechanics doens't need to be proved its age if there any good) and they check the emmisions to a much more relazed level and hence no need for a cat on a well maintaned engoine if it does fail then you need to fix the engine.