ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Emissions light



Had a decat - emissions light came on

Now have a 100 cell sorts cat - bloody light has come on - any one got any ideas as to how to stop it (other than not conecting the second sensor) and if I dont connect the second sensor is the car going to be really rough when cold?
 
Just disconnect the second sensor and have the fault cleared from the ECU and you won't have any problems.
 
  182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
I have my 2nd sensor connected without my light on. Disconnect the battery and then see if it's on..if its still on..cover it up with some tape ;)
 
  Evo IX -06
edde said:
Just disconnect the second sensor and have the fault cleared from the ECU and you won't have any problems.

This really work??

My Clio failed vehicle inspection because that damn second lambda is broken. Cat is working fine mut OBD test fail because of that. I just ordered new sensor.
 
-Make- said:
This really work??

My Clio failed vehicle inspection because that damn second lambda is broken. Cat is working fine mut OBD test fail because of that. I just ordered new sensor.
OBD test? The only test on the MOT is emmisions and having the sneor doesn't make any difference having a decat can fail the emmisions regardless of the second sensor.
 
I have my 2nd sensor connected without my light on. Disconnect the battery and then see if it's on..if its still on..cover it up with some tape ;)

cover what with tape - the light??
the light didnt come on for the first 3/400 miles so am gutted its come on now - charlie at prospeed said the way he had done it it would not come on - think its gonna be a 200 cell sports cat to solve the problem properly or dont connect the second sensor - shall speak to charlie tomorrow to see if he has any other ideas

Just hate having the light on - find it really distracting and dont like having things look like they are broken
 
  Polo + Micra
lol i have had my emissions light on for about a year now because of a 100 cell sports cat

he's got two friends to play with aswell the serv and airbag lights lol
 
lol - i had the serv light til recent as well - had that sorted now though.
really annoyed thought all was cool til this light came on
 

Ali

  V6, R500, Jeep SRT
Mine's diconnected and it's still on lol...

Some people get it some don't... Learn to live with it/
 
  Evo IX -06
edde said:
OBD test? The only test on the MOT is emmisions and having the sneor doesn't make any difference having a decat can fail the emmisions regardless of the second sensor.

Here in Finland they test OBD too. And there cannot be any errors.

And only way is to get new sensor, because old is broken.
 
  Evo IX -06
new sensor added and +30min black wire off. damn light is still there. maybe that needs few days run?

also i made cup for sensor with lathe.
 
-Make- said:
new sensor added and +30min black wire off. damn light is still there. maybe that needs few days run?

also i made cup for sensor with lathe.
Nope light not going to go away some clean running it might go out but its always going to be logged in the ECU.
 
  Evo IX -06
edde said:
Nope light not going to go away some clean running it might go out but its always going to be logged in the ECU.

ok. so resetting ecu does not help.
have to see few days and if its still on then i get my clio to renault.

i have new grp-n ecu waiting, but only after vehicle inspection.
 
-Make- said:
ok. so resetting ecu does not help.
have to see few days and if its still on then i get my clio to renault.
It will get rid of the light it will come back on unless you unplug the sensor.
Jon you could wlays unplug the wire from the dash?
 
  Evo IX -06
edde said:
It will get rid of the light it will come back on unless you unplug the sensor.
Jon you could wlays unplug the wire from the dash?

but if i unplug the sensor, what OBD test say? i think im not passed that test?

..strange, why error is still there. new sensor was waste of money? :(
 
  172 cup'd extreme
eh, i bought 2 new sensors unpluged them blah blah carried on for ages the light still would go out so now im used to it. i suggest you either slip the finnish tester a few markkaa's or put a 200 cell cat
 
-Make- said:
but if i unplug the sensor, what OBD test say? i think im not passed that test?

..strange, why error is still there. new sensor was waste of money? :(
Good point forget it just have the fault cleared and plug in the sensor. After the test unplug the sensor till you need it reconnected.
 
  Evo IX -06
16v_jon said:
eh, i bought 2 new sensors unpluged them blah blah carried on for ages the light still would go out so now im used to it. i suggest you either slip the finnish tester a few markkaa's or put a 200 cell cat

heh. dosnt work these days.. markka is dead and vodka is too cheap :)
also i have good race-cat and its working well.
thanks anyway ;)


edde: ok.
 
  Evo IX -06
stamp earned!

..i went to renault, they clear fault and print me paper (38€ btw.). then vehicle inspection-station and stamp for 2 years, yeah :)

! ..but after that, about 1 hour and LIGHT is on again, blaaah..

fu*k the fu*king sensor
 
hd the senor disconnected this afternoon after having the fault cleared at renault and the light came on 5 mins after disconnecting it.
When you say disconnect it Edde do you mean unplug it or just remove it from the exhaust and strap it under the car. If its unplugged surely it would think the sensor was not working - which is why i assume my light has come on again
 
timsclio172 said:
When you say disconnect it Edde do you mean unplug it or just remove it from the exhaust and strap it under the car. If its unplugged surely it would think the sensor was not working - which is why i assume my light has come on again
Yep unplug the sensor you can use the sensor to block up the hole if you need but just cover the wires and tape up up out the way.

On the 172 if the sensors not connected it doesn't see a problem the 182 have different maps if the sensors not connected it sets the light off after time how long its impossible to say might be 1 minute or 1 year.
 
mines a late 172 - do you think that might be why then? Prospeed have done exactky what you said above today and the light came on 5 mins later - gonna try pluggin it back in and then not attaching it to the exhaust to see if that helps - if not Im gonna get charlie to swap the 100cell for a 200cell and all should be fine
 


Top