ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EML generating lots of codes but car fine...

DCi
I'm probably being naughty as I own a Megane but I like this forum so I hope you can excuse me...

My EML has been on and the bloke round the corner has had a look twice now

The first time he said it was something to do with the EGR valve and an ABS sensor - he said he cleared the fault and if it comes back on then bring it in.

It came on almost straight away so I went back and this time he said its saying a fault with each pedal so he reset it and road test and they all came back

He said go to the dealer and it might be as simple as a software update.

Also may be worth mentioning - the car has no issues at all apart from the light is on!

So- does anyone have any experience of anything like this ?

Will it be a simple software upgrade
Could it be a new ECU
Will those scenarios be covered by warranty?

Any advice would be good!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Cruise control won't work if there's an abs fault. Will be the sensor or abs ring or both (should say which side).

Could be a number of things with the EGR valve.

DCi
the MOT guy said he had to clean out the rear brake because it was failing the mot on something i wonder if that was setting the abs sensor off...
not sure why the 2nd time round he said the faults were pedal related :S

DCi
Didn't get a DF code. Got P1485

We cleared that off and the cruise control was coming and going - usually when you let go of the accelerator pedal

the 'spanner' light was coming on and saying check injectors at the same time

As soon as you revd it would go away