ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

End Of An Era

terryc101

ClioSport Club Member
With the mot looming in a few months and the car needing quite a bit of work to pass, I thought it was time I finally got something a bit newer for a daily drive. Had it for almost 6 years now I believe, it was my first car and its been such a fun car but I needed something better on fuel and with a bit more comfort for taking people out in (the gf refuses to come out in it lol).

Looking through all the pictures of it so thought I'd put a few of my favourites up. Hacent decided what I will do with it yet but it will probably end up replacing our track mk1 in the future.

When I first got it home

P5170229.jpg

P5170228.jpg

Meeting a few others

PC270008.jpg

How it changed

P5100197.jpg

SDC10601.jpg

P5140006.jpg

IMAG0155.jpg

SDC10298.jpg

SDC10392.jpg

HG gave up so it was new engine time and had to upgrade at the same time

IMAG0108.jpg

IMAG0109.jpg

SDC10824.jpg

IMAG0244.jpg

Some of my favourite shots

SDC10726.jpg

SDC10725.jpg

SDC10718.jpg

IMAG0212.jpg

IMAG0207.jpg

IMAG0204-1.jpg

And the new car :) Searched for weeks for one in Monaco blue as it was the only colour I wanted, then I found this one local to me for 1k with recent belts etc, plenty of service history and a good few months mot.

SDC11073_zps9c8822fe.jpg

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Good stuff! Will be interesting to see how you compare the Monaco to the old Valver? And whether or not you get any browny points back with the girlfriend in due course? :)

D.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
I sold my classic mini because the wife said she'd had enough getting our 2 children in and out so got the clio now she tells me it's to small n bumpy (coilovers didn't help)

No points for me

Your old 16v looks sweet, you don't see many around anymore, let alone any in Tungy Grey ? I still like the ph2 wheels (Speedline Vega's iirc ?)

Your 172 looks really clean, will you be doing anything to it?

terryc101

ClioSport Club Member
Your old 16v looks sweet, you don't see many around anymore, let alone any in Tungy Grey ? I still like the ph2 wheels (Speedline Vega's iirc ?)

Your 172 looks really clean, will you be doing anything to it?

Mine was the later xeros grey but you certainly don't see many around on the road, think I spotted around 3 in my time driving it.

Wont be doing too much to the 172, change a few things back to standard (exhaust/induction kit) and just tidy it up a bit with finding a new splitter top of the list at the moment.

Good stuff! Will be interesting to see how you compare the Monaco to the old Valver? And whether or not you get any browny points back with the girlfriend in due course? :)

D.

Driven the 172 for around a week now and its certainly a different drive to my valver. Enjoying the quiet morning drives and having proper headlights instead of candles, climate control is the height of luxury also coming from the mk1 heating system. Steering feels very light and the throttle response is slow compared but I'm sure I'll get used to those soon enough. Also doing around 35mpg so far which is probably double seeing as how the valver was running.

First comment I had was when I knocked on the gf's door and her dad asked if I'd walked there as they never heard me arrive.

Love Monaco, one of my fav colours!

It is really nice and as soon as a started cleaning it I knew I'd made the right choice.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
What you doing with the old valver then? Storing it? Quite like the flocked dash - tempted to get mine done.

terryc101

ClioSport Club Member
What you doing with the old valver then? Storing it? Quite like the flocked dash - tempted to get mine done.

It will just sit on the driveway until I've decided really. Me and my dad share a red mk1 as a trackday car so I think we will swap the cage/seats etc into the grey one and use that instead.

The flocked dash was one of the best mods I done to it, the previous owner had cleaned the top to a high shine and it was all your could see on sunny days.