ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine belt squeal 1.5dci

Clio Mk2 1.5dci
Hi guys,

When I start my Clio mk2 ph2 1.5dci a really loud squeal comes from the engine. I think it could be a belt of some sort but anyone have any more info!!

Many.
Non aircon?Will be the aux belt, it needs tightening, they have a stupid manual tensioner. If you don't feel like you can do it yourself, pop into a garage and they will probably charge very little to tighten it slighty.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Also maybe worth checking the pulley on the alternator. When the pulley on my last dci was on its way out it was letting off just enough tension to allow the belt to start squealing. Get someone to rev the engine while you're looking at it, can usually see a little bit of movement in it if it's failing.

Many.
Also maybe worth checking the pulley on the alternator. When the pulley on my last dci was on its way out it was letting off just enough tension to allow the belt to start squealing. Get someone to rev the engine while you're looking at it, can usually see a little bit of movement in it if it's failing.

Very good shout, as I had completely forgotten about this. Mine did this, made some horrible noises to start with.

Clio Mk2 1.5dci
Yeah there is no A/C mate, cheers guys! I'll have a look tomorrow and if I can't do it I'll take it to the garage. The squeal stops after one Revved the engine

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Nice easy way to get the manual tensioner tighter is to put a jubilee clip around the hook on the tensioner and the engine bracket. Slacken the tensioner bolt, tighten the clip, do up the tensioner bolt and remove the jubilee clip. Should make it a load better.

Many.
Nice easy way to get the manual tensioner tighter is to put a jubilee clip around the hook on the tensioner and the engine bracket. Slacken the tensioner bolt, tighten the clip, do up the tensioner bolt and remove the jubilee clip. Should make it a load better.

That is a very good tip tbh!

My solution was better though... Fit aircon lol